Wish List

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
mr6k

Wish List

Post by mr6k » Sat May 19, 2012 9:58 am

I searched this forum for a general wish list area and could not find one, maybe I did not look hard enough.

Anyway, having used the printer for about 6 months and being generally very happy with its performance I thought I would place here my wish list. I guess the software developers look at this site and hope they may consider my wishes, some of which I know are in common with others who "lurk" here.

So here it is

1) Ability to turn ALL Support off.
2) Ability when adjusting Z axis, where model goes below the platform, to only print that part of the model above the platform.
3) Continue showing temperatures in maintenance window after job starts printing.
4) User adjustable Extruder head temperature.
5) User adjustable platform temperature + ability to turn platform heater off while printing.
6) Ability to reset total used material to zero. (Only way at present seems to be to reload the software).
7) Show total layers while printing as well as time, (This together with layers printed shows better the progress).
8) When showing remaining printing time, start as print starts not before extruder has warmed up.
9) Put current table/nozzle height back in maintenance window. (It is easier to see where the height is rather than now only seeing it when about to print.)
10) Include a real solid fill mode. (Fill as solid as outer layers)
11) Remove bug that sometimes cause program to abruptly close if loadinmg more than one object.(Or is it just me!)

cheers

Peter

Steelyd

Re: Wish List

Post by Steelyd » Sat May 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Excellent list!

pleppik

Post by pleppik » Sat May 19, 2012 2:46 pm

12) Properly put support under edges and vertices, not just faces (see http://pp3dp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=802 )

pleppik

Post by pleppik » Sat May 19, 2012 2:48 pm

13) Randomize the start point for each layer, to correct the "seam" sometimes experienced when printing tall thin-walled tubes.

wilsonj

Post by wilsonj » Sat May 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Great list.

Going on the past frequency of software updates we should be due for something rather soon. Lets hope at least a few of these make it in.
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au

Steelyd

Post by Steelyd » Sun May 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Undo or step back function for move, rotate, and scale.

wilsonj

Post by wilsonj » Sun May 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Reverse the zoom scroll wheel function.
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au

TTT험ทดสอบ

Post by TTT험ทดสอบ » Mon May 21, 2012 1:48 am

mr6k wrote:I searched this forum for a general wish list area and could not find one, maybe I did not look hard enough.

Anyway, having used the printer for about 6 months and being generally very happy with its performance I thought I would place here my wish list. I guess the software developers look at this site and hope they may consider my wishes, some of which I know are in common with others who "lurk" here.

So here it is

1) Ability to turn ALL Support off.
2) Ability when adjusting Z axis, where model goes below the platform, to only print that part of the model above the platform.
3) Continue showing temperatures in maintenance window after job starts printing.
4) User adjustable Extruder head temperature.
5) User adjustable platform temperature + ability to turn platform heater off while printing.
6) Ability to reset total used material to zero. (Only way at present seems to be to reload the software).
7) Show total layers while printing as well as time, (This together with layers printed shows better the progress).
8) When showing remaining printing time, start as print starts not before extruder has warmed up.
9) Put current table/nozzle height back in maintenance window. (It is easier to see where the height is rather than now only seeing it when about to print.)
10) Include a real solid fill mode. (Fill as solid as outer layers)
11) Remove bug that sometimes cause program to abruptly close if loadinmg more than one object.(Or is it just me!)

cheers

Peter
Oh, we must work hard. :geek:

Darkhouse

Steelyd

Post by Steelyd » Mon May 21, 2012 3:05 am

Ability to position table and print head while waiting for everything to heat up for a print.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon May 21, 2012 8:23 am

darkhouse wrote:Oh, we must work hard. :geek:
A great product & customer support result in high expectations :-) Take it as a compliment :D

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 am

Darkhorse,
My wish list is solely a request, as Marcus says, I think most of us on this forum really appreciate the software and hardware you provide, any wishes are a desire to see further enhancements that should also help not only existing user but further tempt new purchasers.

cheers

Peter

whryly

Post by whryly » Tue May 22, 2012 5:57 am

PLEASE PLEASE add this.....
I don't know about you, but I am working on a 1920x1200 monitor, screen real estate is not a problem, Stack up those ICONS!

14> add a + & - to the MOVE function, so you can set the distance and move it in BOTH directions without having to constantly change the setting.
So you'd set a distance then be able to move "X" in plus and minus, Y in plus and minus, z in plus and minus, without having to constantly change to a positive and negative number.

I spend half my time moving stuff in the wrong direction.

OH> And any/all of items on the list above will be greatly appreciated too!

W

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Thu May 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Wish list item 13.

If a print is cancelled before the job has actually started then undo the amount of material deducted from the maintenance menu. I just aborted, several times, a fairly large job before it started. I Could not understand why my grams of material left counter was so low then realized on each start it had deducted the ewhole job material, even though the job had not actually started. I do realize this would be a more difficult issue to resolve once the print has actually started as the software may not know how far through the job was aborted, although the layer count would give a good hnt.

cheers

Peter

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:29 am

Yes! to all suggestions on this page!

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:12 am

I note the Upers section of the this forum also has a wish list thread.

Is it possible for the manufacturer to advise us if they are acting at some time in the future on any/all of the issues raised. It would be a shame if others looking to purchase a UP printer read through this site, see the issues under the wish list, but then see that the manufacture has not responded, even in an acknowledgement fashion. It may well put some people off purchasing this wonderful printer. I guess reading others wishes the most important remain,

Ability to turn ALL Support off.
User adjustable Extruder head temperature.
User adjustable platform temperature + ability to turn platform heater off while printing.
Include a real solid fill mode.
Overcome twin thin walls where outer solid wall should exist.

Cheers

Peter

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:58 am

I wrote an email 10 days ago to a gentleman at pp3dp to whom I'd been introduced by a filament supplier. In that email I mentioned a number of these most requested features, I pointed him to the feature request lists on this forum, I suggested that they add a forum section JUST for feature requests rather than having them buried in random scattered posts, and I emphasized the importance of listening to your most serious, loyal, and dedicated users, which is what I believe this forum represents. I have yet to receive a reply.

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:21 am

Moderator,

Much appreciated that you have created a dedicated Wish List Topic under announcements. It provides a high profile location for us to express our wishes.

best regards

Peter

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:49 pm

It's a step in the right direction, but a dedicated section in the forum for feature request postings would be much better than one giant "announcement" topic that just gets added to indefinitely. That way each feature request could be a separate topic with its own subject, duplication might be reduced, and "scanning" much easier.

DeanR

Post by DeanR » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:12 am

Hi all,
Just checking up to see if there is any news on when some of the items in the Wish List have been implemented to the next update (such as Real Solid Fill and fixing the issue of printing 2 thin walls instead of 1 solid wall) and also when the next updates are due to be released.
Thanks
Dean

teamcarlisle

Post by teamcarlisle » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:40 am

Here's one to add to the wishlist, How about a warning when there is a wall too thin on an object to be printed. I've had many prints that were just wasted plastic because a part of an object didnt print because the part was too thin. And there was no way of knowing until the object was actually printing. It would be nice if there was a warning that would display saying it would not print right because parts were removed for being too thin.