What is the last version of software compatible with the original PP3DP UP! Plus from 2011?

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
UPUPandAway

What is the last version of software compatible with the original PP3DP UP! Plus from 2011?

Post by UPUPandAway » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi,

I have the very early PP3DP UP! Plus I purchased in 2011 that does not have the "upgraded" electronics that came out a little after (I think it combined the stepper drivers onto one board instead of several or something? It's been too long, I can't remember). What is the latest version of the PP3DP/Tiertime software that still supports this version of the printer? Do all of them or did they drop support at some point? I will be running it on Windows 7 and Windows 10 if that matters.

UPUPandAway

Re: What is the last version of software compatible with the original PP3DP UP! Plus from 2011?

Post by UPUPandAway » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:13 pm

Thanks.

Do you have anymore info as to why they dropped support after this version?

ricks01

Re: What is the last version of software compatible with the original PP3DP UP! Plus from 2011?

Post by ricks01 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:44 pm

well, they just went to the "Up Studio" as a replacement, you should be able to use UpStudio with your old machine, did you try it?

UPUPandAway

Post by UPUPandAway » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:50 am

No, not yet, I just didn't want to start with the newest version, have it not work, then have to backtrack until I found something that worked. I've been using the same version for a long time now because it was working fine, but I figured I should get the latest version that works since I'm putting it on a different computer.