Absolutely no support for the original UP! Plus 2011

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Panos

Absolutely no support for the original UP! Plus 2011

Post by Panos » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:16 am

I bought the UP! Plus before the 2nd version came out and to be honest I have flawlessly used it for work for many years. However the printing plantform has stopped heating twice. The first time it took me 6 months to find a replacement for the heating element inside the platform mechanism which I replaced myself. I now have the same problem. I find it infuriating that the technical support is not responding even when I sent an e-mail asking TO BUY a new machine. Thought this would get them moving but... nothing.

As I understand everyone upgraded to the UP! PLUS 2 but I find it shocking that I cannot find parts for the first version. It is like the company has abandoned its customers.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find a replacement for the heating element of the printing platform?

Thanks.

Tiertime-Joseph

Re: Absolutely no support for the original UP! Plus 2011

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:20 pm

Hello,

Sorry for the slow response from our tech support. Could you please forward me your ticket information? My email is joseph.guo@tiertime.net.

Thank you, I will follow up.

Joseph

arhi

Re: Absolutely no support for the original UP! Plus 2011

Post by arhi » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 am

Panos_D wrote: Anyway, does anyone know where I can find a replacement for the heating element of the printing platform?
from the visual inspection (and short one) only I found only cosmetic differences between upplus2 and upplus (the bed leveling sensor, bed height sensor and that's about it). mechanically they looked identical. now i never opened up the upplus bed, only upplus2 and there's a black piece of alu sheet screwed on to a black block of alu that has two holes from the left side and 3 threaded holes in the bottom. threaded holes in the bottom are for bed leveling screws and 2 holes from the side hold PT100 sensor and 12V heater cartridge. if this is the same for you (you should know if you were replacing that already), the both PT100 sensor and 12V heater catridge you can get cheaply on ebay (few bucks each), just measure the diameter of both so you can get the proper size.