[BUG REPORT] upbox+ dont extrude filament

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Algol

[BUG REPORT] upbox+ dont extrude filament

Post by Algol » Sun May 28, 2017 9:44 pm

Hello,

i have a big issue. the extruder is way to weak. the filament dont extrude if you have a lil force on your spool. i am using pla filament 750 g (formfutura). if i try to print i always hear clicking noise, that means the exturde slip through the filament. please make a better extruder maybe no plastic part or 2 extruder gear. please tell me what i can do. i am close to send the printer back :(

greetings

walter

LovelyTwo

Re: [BUG REPORT] upbox+ dont extrude filament

Post by LovelyTwo » Wed May 31, 2017 2:01 am

Other things can cause the extruder to slip, i've only had problems with non-conforming spools, having the print head too close to the perf board and having the build chamber too hot. Firstly your up is only supported with UP branded filament, however I've printed many spools of aftermarket filament.

If your spool is non-conforming and too tight in the spool holder, try an external spool holder, search thingiverse for ideas.

If your print head is too close to the perf board, or your perf board isn't level, it puts too much back pressure on the nozzle and the extruder can't feed. Don't fully trust the nozzle automatic height detection, nor the bed level as they aren't perfect, and should be manually verified using the folded paper method.

More of problem with the old UP MINI and UP BOX (the plus has extra fan on the stepper), If your build chamber is too hot then your stepper will get hot and can slip.

Have you tried cleaning out your extruder, and inspecting the extruder gear? Or have you tried a different nozzle and cleaned your current one?

Please understand that 3D printing is a technically involved hobby which does involve engineering and common sense problem solving. No consumer priced printer is perfect or carefree, but TierTime/UP have done a good job of making a relatively low priced, easy to use and user-friendly printer at least when using OEM filament.

Your printer may have a problem, such as a manufacturing defect or faulty sub assembly but based on your post that is impossible to tell.

ftdesigns

Post by ftdesigns » Wed May 31, 2017 4:30 pm

These printers never were really able to do PLA. The extruder stepper motors get too hot and eventually distort the PLA too much before it gets pushed out the nozzle. It'd happen to ABS too if it didn't have a higher melting temperature.

JuanCR

Post by JuanCR » Wed May 31, 2017 4:41 pm

The few times I printed with low temp filaments (PLA, E3D Edge...) I had to open the top cover to avoid heat in the printing chamber.