Up Plus and Mitus filament not working

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
holamateo

Up Plus and Mitus filament not working

Post by holamateo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has had experience using Mitus filament with their Up Plus/Afinia H480. I'm not having any luck with the Mitus 1.75 ABS teal green. I have the temperature switch and have tried everything from 220° - 245°. The extruder will pump out a nice clean stream through the nozzle in maintenance mode, but as soon as I attempt to print a new model, it just stops extruding. I'm using the bed (FR-4) BTW and I've tried both an old one and a new one. When I switch back to the Afinia filament I have no problems whatsoever. So this tells me I'm getting good flow, the extruder is doing its job and the bed is warm enough to adhere, at least with the Afinia filament. I've also gone through and re-leveled the bed and checked nozzle height. Any idea what might be happening? Could the bed temperature just not be compatible with the Mitus filament? Thanks for any help.

ricks01

Re: Up Plus and Mitus filament not working

Post by ricks01 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:24 am

Maybe try higher temperature, either 250 or use the same temp as the UP! / Afinia brand filaments...

JuanCR

Post by JuanCR » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:17 am

I don't know if it's the same problem, but when I try to print with Colofabb XT and E3D Edge, most of the times the filament doesn't go out the extruder at certain point (never at the same point of the print) and some times the printer can finish the print, it's like a kind of good luck. This happens with Up Studio software.
When I use UP V2.15 I have much more success with prints of any kind of filament, so lately I set the temps in Studio, close it and run old software.
̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶U̶p̶ ̶S̶t̶u̶d̶i̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶a̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶,̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶(̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶m̶m̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶l̶)̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶p̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶X̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶Y̶ ̶a̶x̶e̶s̶ ̶(̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶x̶a̶c̶t̶l̶y̶)̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶A̶B̶S̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶.̶ Solved: a magnet was unglued.
PD: I have both, Up Box and UP Plus.

holamateo

Post by holamateo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 am

Thanks for the ideas guys. I realized it was the auto bed height which was a little off, putting the nozzle too close to the print bed. For whatever reason it never occurred to me to verify it was giving me a good reading. I reset it manually based on a folded over piece of printer paper and that seemed to do the trick. Its now laying down a nice fat raft to build on. I did download the new Studio software which is really cool. I love that Afinia has opened up the system for 3d party filament allowing you to set nozzle and bed temperature through software now!