Circuit board blown?

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Graeme

Circuit board blown?

Post by Graeme » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:33 pm

I believe the circuit board/CPU has blown on two of my printers.

Are these components replaceable?

Thank you

Tiertime-Jason

Re: Circuit board blown?

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:26 am

yes they are replaceable, contact your reseller.

cadcam

Post by cadcam » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:02 pm

Is it still possible to purchase a replacement CPU board for a Up Plus 1? If yes, what should be the price in the uk?

Many Thanks

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:59 pm

Only see plus 2 on shop.tiertime.com and its $140 + shipping. The other CPUs are similarly priced. Tinyfab replacement a little cheaper.

Duet maestro + new screen a little more if you're feeling adventurous and want a faster, quieter and generally better printer.

cadcam

Post by cadcam » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:03 am

I had thought of changing the motherboard, but would quite like to keep the fire and forget nature of the Up software.

Has anyone managed to get one of the other slicers + config file to make the Plus as easy

Many Thanks

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:28 am

I never got to finish finetuning the cura settings, but the two first (and last before the x axis belt/pulley failed) print came out great.

And for me the workflow is easier; fusion sends .stl straight to Cura, Cura sends it straight to the Duet (with a plugin).

But cura probably won't be as easy as Up Software, however the trade off is that you get to do things like print raftless and have same thickness layers at the bottom etc, control over supports, adaptive layer height and all the fancy stuff.