CPU Upgrade installed - But "Failed to locate Wifi"

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Xamsum

CPU Upgrade installed - But "Failed to locate Wifi"

Post by Xamsum » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi all,

I received my Wifi CPU upgrade kit today. Installation was easy and the printer (Up Plus 2) is up an running again (at least I can initialize the printer from UP Studio via USB). But when I try to set the Network connection according to the upgrade manual, I just get the error message "Failed to locate Wifi".

BTW there is a small led at the new CPU board close to the antenna connector, which is shining red ?

BR
--Michael

Tiertime-Roman

Re: CPU Upgrade installed - But "Failed to locate Wifi"

Post by Tiertime-Roman » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:52 am

Hi Michael

I am the technical support in TierTime, could you please take the pictures about the full installation of both CPU and wire?

In addition, could you please also let me know your current location?

For our better following your issue in the later process, I recommend you write to support@pp3dp.com or zhangyh@tiertime,net for quick response.

Best regards!

Xamsum

Post by Xamsum » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi,

thanks for the quick feedback.I just send the requested pictures via mail. I purchased the printer roughly one year ago via the Tiertime shop at Taobao because I lived at that time in Shanghai. Meanwhile I moved back to Germany, so currently the printer is located in Berlin.

BR
--Michael

Christina

Post by Christina » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:19 am

How was this solved? Having a wifi issue as well.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:20 am

Me too, I did get past the Wifi login but the printer just won't show up as wireless printer. I can only see it under the printer tab when I connect the USB cable :(

Xamsum

Post by Xamsum » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi all,

finally the cpu board was replaced (@Roman thanks for your support). Now it's working, but Wifi is very picky. I can connect to an old Airport Express but I e.g can't connect to a new Airport Extreme. The Wifi SSIDs are shown in Up Studio but after selecting a network and entering the Wifi passwort I usually get a "Connection failed" message. I tried to test different Wifi Setups (without protection, WEP, WPA2, etc.) and different 802.11 (a/g/n) modes but was not able to indentify why Wifi is working with one base station but not with the other.

BR
--Michael