Getting NO WHERE with this Printer

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
southoz
Getting NO WHERE with this Printer

Post by southoz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:23 am

Good ay all ,
I'v been having one problem after another with my UP Plus 2 for two months now.
First the plastic part of the x-axis broke , 3dprintingsystems here in Australia sent me a new one and I put it in no problems.
then the wires to the extruder heated head burnt their coverings off and I had bright orange sparks arching across the extruder , once again 3dprintingsystems sent me a new one , I put it in and all was well I thought , not long after that the z-axis plastic part broke , for some strange reason the quality control people at TierTime Technology neglected to notice that only one bearing was put in place there when it was shipped out.
I put in the part sent last week without any problems and checked all the other plastic parts for cracks or breaks and everything looked fine , I wiped off the old grease and applied new lithium grease to the bearings and channels . The machine sounded like the day i first got it. I done a manual calibration of the heat bed and then did a auto calibration and nozzle height check .. all ok .. well i thought so , then tired to print out the calibration model .. 4 times i tried 4 times it failed , did another auto calibration and nozzle height check .. print failed again ( yes I saved the calibration results an re-initialized the system every time) . Every time I try a auto calibrate and nozzle height check it has different results even if it's a minute after the last one without changing a single thing on the printer itself . larger models are either being knocked off the head bed or I hear a loud crack and bang (the printer shakes violently and jumps ) an the printer starts to print 3 to 4mm away from where it is suppose to be
please give some advice as to whats going on here , I tried doing a complete manual calibration but I cant save the results , the software wouldnt allow me to

southoz

southoz

Re: Getting NO WHERE with this Printer

Post by southoz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:22 pm

UPDATE , the support company here in Australia remotely printed out a small file yesterday after helping me do some manual calibrations .. seemed to work on small objects .. i then printed out a bottle seemed ok ... i then tried to print out a more complex stl an all hell broke loose , once again it was hitting the model , shuttering an a loud bang noise , it was so violent the whole machine was jumping ... it lifted the platform an dropped it down the started to print everything 3 -4mm away from where it was suppose to be ... I stopped the print immediately . when i was taking off the perfboard I noticed the bed was slightly rocking front right hand corner an back left hand corner .. I looked at the bolts holding the heat bed to the arm an tired to make sure they were secure , the front bolt was just going round an round an would not tighten at all .. so i took the heat bed off , at that point i noticed the arm itself was also moving up and down about up to 4 mm , I sent a email to the support company here is Australia yesterday but have still to hear back from them

southoz

southoz

Post by southoz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:05 pm

UPDATE:
After speaking to the Australian support company and doing a slight test , it looks like most of the problems for the last few weeks may be due to the printer only being shipped out with one bearing on the right hand side z-axis causing strain on the stepper motor , with the motor missing a beat or two explains the constant differences when trying to calibrate the heat bed and differences in the nozzle height without changing anything on the printer. 3dprintingsystems are sending me a new stepper motor an heat bed . Hopefully this will end all the drama's with printer .
I have to admit that 3dprintingsystems have been both patient and helpful with every problem this printer has encountered and expedient in sending the replacement parts under warranty.
I will post the results when I put in the new stepper motor an heat bed

southoz

wilsonj

Post by wilsonj » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Hope it fixes the issues you have been having.
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au

southoz

Post by southoz » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:04 am

LOL I only wish ... new stepper motor and heat bed in place and working , now in under a week the x axis arm is making a grinding noise when the heat bed arm is moving , I took out the x axis belt block so the heat bed arm cant move an no noise at ... reconnect it ... there it is again a loud grinding noise ... every now an then it gets stuck an wont move , this system is now six moths old and believe me the last two months have been wasted waiting for parts , I have posted a recommendation to everyone on my facebook page to avoid these printers at all cost

southoz

southoz

Post by southoz » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:49 am

ok now seems i need a new linear bearing for x axis ... this had better be the very last thing that go's wrong

teamcarlisle

Post by teamcarlisle » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:02 pm

If you moved the linear bearing to the end of the rail when you played with the belt you might have lost some of the ball bearings in the linear bearing. I did this once and it was a pain in the butt to get then back in. The only thing holding those balls in is the rail itself.

southoz

Post by southoz » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:54 am

I have been extremely careful when replacing parts and have never had the need to get the heat bed arm anywhere near the end of the rail , just seems this machine is faulty in every way .
Can P3dpp tell me how much trouble a machine has to have before it warrants a replacement machine , got a few friends interested in knowing the answer to that