Heat Bed not working!! PLS HELP!

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Dave

Heat Bed not working!! PLS HELP!

Post by Dave » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:14 am

Hello everyone. I have had my printer now for 7 months the Up 2 and was'nt having any problem at all, except for today as my heat bed stopped working. The bed would not heat up at all I did not do anything different just ran it the way I use to do it, having it for quite sometime now I know If I did something wrong, it just stop working. Pls any advice or help is more than appreciated.

Thank You!
-Dave :D

mb20music

Re: Heat Bed not working!! PLS HELP!

Post by mb20music » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:20 am

It is likely the platform heater has failed.
http://www.pp3dp.com/index.php?page=sho ... &Itemid=37

You are still under warranty so it will be covered. You will need to contact the seller for information on how to go about starting the warranty claim.

When you are out of warranty it is a good idea to have an extra platform heater on hand. The platform heater tends to fail after about a year or so depending on how much you use your printer.

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:57 am

most likly cable from platform heater to main unit. It is common for this to fail at the tight bend at the front of the belt channel that moves the platorm too and fro.

If you remove the platform then take the top off the cable channel you may well find the cable at the front bend has some charring marks where it has failed, two of the wires carry heater current, two are heat sensor. I replaced my cable via a different route and put up some images on this forum some time ago.

However if yours is still under warrenty get the supplier to fix it.

cheers

Peter

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:33 pm

Dave,
Using Google search this

pp3dp heating platform stopped heating

It will bring up he issue and my repair

cheers

Peter

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:48 am

Thank you everyone I really appreciate the support.
I will definitley look into the options you guys have provided including the purchase of the second heater for precausionary meassures and going forth with the warranty, also definitely gonna look at the steps mr6k posted.
Thank you once again! :D
-Dave