Up! Plus 2 Failure

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
SCPMI

Up! Plus 2 Failure

Post by SCPMI » Tue May 27, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi Up!ers,

We have an Up! Plus 2 that seems to have suffered a total meltdown and I just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced similar problems and also to see if pp3dp might have something to contribute.

We love Up! printers and our Plus 2 had been running really nicely, then out of the blue we suffered a platform heater failure! This was followed by a failure of the auto calibration system. (Attempts to used the auto height system crashed the nozzle into the bed, activation of the contact switch didn't seem to do anything.) Now when the printer turns on, but is not recognised by USB and the green light comes on immediately.

Is it completely screwed and if so, where do we go to for support?

(I can see in the grills at the bottom that the red led's on the main board are lit up.)

Any ideas?

mb20music

Re: Up! Plus 2 Failure

Post by mb20music » Tue May 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Sounds like you have a fried CPU. Hopefully you are still under warranty. They want $1100 for a new CPU board.

http://www.pp3dp.com/index.php?page=sho ... &Itemid=37

SCPMI

Post by SCPMI » Wed May 28, 2014 10:34 am

That's just great.

It'll work out cheaper just to buy a new bloody machine than replace the CPU and just use this one for spare parts. Why in gods name is the CPU so expensive, it's just a little cheap embedded processor with some code on it.

SCPMI

Post by SCPMI » Wed May 28, 2014 10:36 am

More importantly, how exactly would we get this fixed under warranty? The lack of contact details on the pp3dp website is rather concerning....

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Wed May 28, 2014 3:27 pm

SCPMI wrote:More importantly, how exactly would we get this fixed under warranty? The lack of contact details on the pp3dp website is rather concerning....
Was it purchased more than 12 months ago? Did you purchase the unit from pp3dp directly or did you purchase it from a distributor?

SCPMI

Post by SCPMI » Wed May 28, 2014 7:31 pm

The machine was provided directly by pp3dp, (I believe from Edward Liu) and was originally used for the production of a promo video

Robin

Post by Robin » Wed May 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Catastrophic CPU failure? No USB connection?
Unplug the USB and PSU leads from the back and leave it overnight.
I have fixed many and varied problems on my UP! using this simple technique.
Pressing the RST button, reloading the software, dusting it with the air line don't
seem to help, but doing nothing at all can work like a charm.

Tiertime-Edward

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Thu May 29, 2014 3:31 am

Hi SCPMI, could you please send email to me (edward at pp3dp dot com)? I need to know your printer SN, what in detail is your printer issue and your location. We will try to help.

Thank you.