printing problem

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Yakuza
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Near Antwerp Belgium

printing problem

Post by Yakuza » Tue May 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi.
Can somebody pleaaase give me a fix or tip for my problem.
The object i want 2 print is comming loos from the support layer.
End somethimes the support layer have some warping.

I use pp3dp fillament.
I used auto + manual leveling and calibrations.
original perboard.
Preheat for 15 min.

pleas some help.
im pulling my hear out :roll:
Sorry for bad English. im not used two type English

User avatar
DrewPetitclerc
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:39 am
Location: Silicon Valley California
Contact:

Re: printing problem

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Tue May 13, 2014 11:39 pm

Pictures of model and model STL file would 1 step to giving you help.
Regards
Drew
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing
http://flash-graphics.deviantart.com/
http://www.thingiverse.com/DrewPetitclerc

Yakuza
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Near Antwerp Belgium

Re: printing problem

Post by Yakuza » Wed May 14, 2014 12:00 am

its the spoolholder from Julia.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26659/#files
But alsow the same problem with STL file from a bumpercar from thingaverse.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:36013
Attachments
3d foto 2.JPG
3d foto 2.JPG (30.7 KiB) Viewed 11699 times
3d foto.JPG
3d foto.JPG (49.83 KiB) Viewed 11699 times

Yakuza
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Near Antwerp Belgium

Re: printing problem

Post by Yakuza » Wed May 14, 2014 12:22 am

Alsow the test for nozzle hight in the manual dont work in software V2.11
i read:

Once you are about 1mm away from the nozzle, start increasing the
number in the text box by 0.1mm increments and click the ok button.
Repeat this until you get to about 0.2mm of the nozzle.

Set Nozzle Height in the Maintenance dialogue to do test. What Test? there is no test starting?
Click OK the system will beep,and then the nozzle begins heating.

Strange.

ming
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:06 am
Location: Georgia USA

Re: printing problem

Post by ming » Wed May 14, 2014 3:40 am

Seems like your nozzle is too far from the base

there is a video on you tube to set nozzle height

1. go to maintenance menu
2 raise bed to approx 1mm frm nozzle in the maintenance menu (like the manual says) (dont press return use the "OK" button)
3. for perf board i use thickness of a business card for 0.2mm Z height printing(providing you have levelled your bed. I dont have auto leveller)
4. set the nozzle height

then after set nozzle height try again

BTW
- preheat 15 min may not be enough depending how cold the bed is when starting wait till at least 90C before print starts
- is the fan door open or shut (may want to try shutting it for ABS)
Dream@night / Holdit@sameday

D3rax
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:54 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: printing problem

Post by D3rax » Wed May 14, 2014 6:46 am

Zelfde tips als ik ook al had gegeven :) . Je zult echt je nozzle height moeten checken, met een dubbel gevouwen a4tje zoals ik al aangaf. Je kunt ook de handleiding van de oude Up Plus raadplegen, daar weet ik zeker dat het goed staat uitgelegd.
Up! Plus

Yakuza
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Near Antwerp Belgium

Re: printing problem

Post by Yakuza » Wed May 14, 2014 8:11 am

D3rax wrote:Zelfde tips als ik ook al had gegeven :) . Je zult echt je nozzle height moeten checken, met een dubbel gevouwen a4tje zoals ik al aangaf. Je kunt ook de handleiding van de oude Up Plus raadplegen, daar weet ik zeker dat het goed staat uitgelegd.
Zal eens even kijken of oude nog te vinden is.
Bedankt .

Edit. Geen oude handleiding meer te vinden op de site voor de up plus :( .

Yakuza
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Near Antwerp Belgium

Re: printing problem

Post by Yakuza » Wed May 14, 2014 8:28 am

ming wrote:Seems like your nozzle is too far from the base

there is a video on you tube to set nozzle height

1. go to maintenance menu
2 raise bed to approx 1mm frm nozzle in the maintenance menu (like the manual says) (dont press return use the "OK" button)
3. for perf board i use thickness of a business card for 0.2mm Z height printing(providing you have levelled your bed. I dont have auto leveller)
4. set the nozzle height

then after set nozzle height try again

BTW
- preheat 15 min may not be enough depending how cold the bed is when starting wait till at least 90C before print starts
- is the fan door open or shut (may want to try shutting it for ABS)
Hi.
i used 2 heating times.
the 15 min preheat end preheat to 90°C
Fan door is shut.
It looks easy 2 do for everybody but not for me hahaha.
Can you give me à YouTube link for manual adjust Ming.
Dont find it.

Thanks.

Yakuza
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Near Antwerp Belgium

Re: printing problem

Post by Yakuza » Wed May 14, 2014 10:15 am

i used a tip from ktronic to preheat .
3. full temp bed, that has a warmer on it...like the glove that the printer comes with. keeps good temp to bed, remove before printing.

when i start printing the temp is 100% but go to 91% after 10 min.
Allsow sometimes a little crunchy sound of the base layer or object.
is it possible this is my warping or breaking of problem?

Regards

D3rax
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:54 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: printing problem

Post by D3rax » Wed May 14, 2014 11:39 am

Here you go: http://youtu.be/Nhl5NY8TfSY

And have a look in the manual on page 22. Download the manual here http://www.pp3dp.com/index.php?option=c ... d=3&cid=36
Up! Plus

D3rax
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:54 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: printing problem

Post by D3rax » Wed May 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Yakuza wrote:Alsow the test for nozzle hight in the manual dont work in software V2.11
i read:

Once you are about 1mm away from the nozzle, start increasing the
number in the text box by 0.1mm increments and click the ok button.
Repeat this until you get to about 0.2mm of the nozzle.

Set Nozzle Height in the Maintenance dialogue to do test. What Test? there is no test starting?
Click OK the system will beep,and then the nozzle begins heating.

Strange.
You're right this test option is not in the newer software anymore. But you don't need it, you can preform the test by putting a folled A4 paper between the nozzle and the printbed.
Up! Plus

Yakuza
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Near Antwerp Belgium

Re: printing problem

Post by Yakuza » Wed May 14, 2014 1:17 pm

:evil: its not working aaaaaaaa.

so i set the nuzzle 2 center of board use folded paper .ok
i move the nuzzle to 4 corners.
why is it so hard? I looked @ yourtube video en its seems simple but when iTighten, or loosen, a screw the distance on another screw changes to.
end keeps on going end going.
is it possible there is someting wrong with printer?
What now?

regards.
Last edited by Yakuza on Wed May 14, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D3rax
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:54 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: printing problem

Post by D3rax » Wed May 14, 2014 1:50 pm

Just follow the steps in the video above......
Up! Plus

Yakuza
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Near Antwerp Belgium

Re: printing problem

Post by Yakuza » Wed May 14, 2014 3:09 pm

D3rax wrote:Just follow the steps in the video above......
i know.but its not working for me.
My nozzle is in center.
for example x en y are to distance is not richt on top of drawing.
i use Z screw.
I turn a little en the correct distance of x ,end y of the other site changes.
End it keeps on going.
when i change X its changing Y.
What do you do when FL en FR is ok(0.2) but NL distance is 0.4 mm and NR is 0.2?
Thats the issue.
when i change the 0.4 to 0.2 ,FL-FR and NR change 2
Attachments
3d problem.jpg
3d problem.jpg (31.96 KiB) Viewed 11668 times

ming
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:06 am
Location: Georgia USA

Re: printing problem

Post by ming » Wed May 14, 2014 9:59 pm

i use a gage block _2mm to start so i can freely move the bed to all corners and then slide the gage block in

3 point adjustments is not the easiest remember everytim you turn a screw a tad all 4 corners will move
Seems like your bed is all out

1. tighten all 3 screws down all the way (underneath)
2. then find the highest corner with bed close to nozzle (but dont touch)
3. find a piece of metal if you dont have gage blocks - watch battery works good if you have a large one like CR2032
4. jog the highest point on the bed up or down so the gage can slide underneath
5. move to the opposite corner (and keep checking)and adjusting small amounts - everytime you turn a bit check all 4 corners till they are all approximately the same
6 then do the calibration last because that will help only if you print with raft otherwise its useless

I only know how to level with my UP (do not have self levelling and i definately prefer not to have the self levelling option if i have a choice)
Dream@night / Holdit@sameday

Yakuza
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Near Antwerp Belgium

Re: printing problem

Post by Yakuza » Thu May 15, 2014 10:50 am

I thank you all for the help.
I realy think the problem is not me but the Printer.
I think i may say im a little technical. Truck technician.
I do calibrating and can communication, wiring,...
When the printer is new en is not working like it described (automatic calibration), its return 2 sender 4 me.
When you buy a car with automatic and manual gear and only the manual works He also goes back to the sender not?
My opinion is You're not working yourself on a machiene Under warranty.

ming
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:06 am
Location: Georgia USA

Re: printing problem

Post by ming » Thu May 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Yakuza wrote:I thank you all for the help.
I realy think the problem is not me but the Printer.
I think i may say im a little technical. Truck technician.
I do calibrating and can communication, wiring,...
When the printer is new en is not working like it described (automatic calibration), its return 2 sender 4 me.
When you buy a car with automatic and manual gear and only the manual works He also goes back to the sender not?
My opinion is You're not working yourself on a machiene Under warranty.
I agree if it's new it should work with minimal effort from the buyers end
I don't think it's lost if you have to do some adjustments and learn some thing about your new toy. Because if it happened new it will happen old. And if you know how to do it now I'm sure you will know how to fix it when out of warranty

Do be aware these 3dp is not a product like a car which has decades of trial and error and experience. This is a new emerging technology and experiencing growing pains. And you are consider a pioneer and should be proud of it.....

Have you called your local tech suppt where you purchased it.

My 2c
I don't buy new cars because I void the warranty within a month as the car is not like from factory :twisted:
Dream@night / Holdit@sameday

Yakuza
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Near Antwerp Belgium

Re: printing problem

Post by Yakuza » Thu May 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi ming.
Thanks for the interest.
Pp3dp is out of the house. Back to seller.
I have now opted for another brand. it is a Dutch brand and that perhaps makes it easier for me to communicate directly with the manufacturer and not the seller.
if the seller sells it as useful for the average consumer, and no mention of defects by new product or development than the seller gets his product back.
he has merely stated that the mini should be calibrated manually and the up pus 2 automatically.
Therefore I had bought up plus 2.

Kind regards Kevin

ming
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:06 am
Location: Georgia USA

Re: printing problem

Post by ming » Fri May 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Best wishes to ur new toy
Maybe we can have a drink next year when I ride the Ronde
Dream@night / Holdit@sameday

Yakuza
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Near Antwerp Belgium

Re: printing problem

Post by Yakuza » Fri May 16, 2014 3:17 pm

ming wrote:Best wishes to ur new toy
Maybe we can have a drink next year when I ride the Ronde
The ronde?
Explain?

:?

Post Reply