Printer won't resume after being paused V1.18

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
sebroberts

Printer won't resume after being paused V1.18

Post by sebroberts » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help.

Since upgrading to Rom V6.070 and software V1.18, i don't seem to be able to resume printing after pausing (the function was working well in V1.17).

The software indicates that printing has been resumed but the printer doesn't respond. Pressing pause again, causes the software to crash.

I am unplugging the usb cable after the print has been uploaded onto the printer and only plugging it back into the computer again at the time i wan't to pause/resume it.

I have reseated the sd card and am running it off the same mains circuit.

My printer is an Up! Plus with firmware V3.02, Rom V6.070, software V1.18.

Thanks in advance

benjamjo

Re: Printer won't resume after being paused V1.18

Post by benjamjo » Fri May 10, 2013 12:57 am

Sorry Buddy,
I am brand new to 3d printing and my Up! Plus printer. I can not find the Pause button in my 1.18 software, where is it?
also can you change spools mid printing using pasuing?
ta
Joseph

sebroberts

Post by sebroberts » Fri May 10, 2013 2:51 am

benjamjo wrote:Sorry Buddy,
I am brand new to 3d printing and my Up! Plus printer. I can not find the Pause button in my 1.18 software, where is it?
also can you change spools mid printing using pasuing?
ta
Joseph
Hi Joseph,

If you go to the maintenance dialog (3D Print>Maintenance) during a print you'll see a pause option on the right hand side.

Yes you should be able to change spools mid print. You will need to pause the printer, then click "Withdraw" to remove the current spool. Next, get your new spool and click "Extrude" to load in the filament as you normally would. Finally click "Resume" to continue printing. This is all controlled from the maintenance dialog.

I hope that helps.

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Fri May 10, 2013 9:21 am

Pause print and resume are in the Maintenance window.

Yes you can pause, then "Withdraw", change reel, then Extrude, then resume, again all under the Maintenance window

cheers

Peter