Temperature error

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
termsl

Temperature error

Post by termsl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi !
In last printing something do wrong and printer was stop.
After restart printer shows "minus" temp both on platform and extruder:

Extruder heater is 7.5 ohm and thermistor is 118 ohm, can I fix it myself?

roller

Re: Temperature error

Post by roller » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:05 am

Since both platform and nozzle temps are negative you either have a logic/mainboard/software problem or your Up is sitting in the snow. I have had a few freaky readings for temp (and both go nuts at once) which seem to be software firmware related. You could try upgrading both if possible.

Are you still under warranty? If so let your dealer know the issue.
Does the issue happen all the time and go away if you re-initialise the printer with the switch on the printer. What about if you plug/unplug USB?

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:00 pm

Does it shows these temperatures while warming up. Earlier versions of software show negative temperatures once the print actually starts, but these are meaningless.

cheers

Peter

termsl

Post by termsl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:59 pm

mr6k wrote:Does it shows these temperatures while warming up. Earlier versions of software show negative temperatures once the print actually starts, but these are meaningless.

cheers

Peter
Hi Peter!
No, any time (i waited for temp reach point 270 Celsius and power off the printer) reading value of temperature in program is constant value:

termsl

Post by termsl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:00 pm

or your Up is sitting in the snow
- hahah))))
I was upgrade all of this, turn off/on many times, re-init printer, try to do anything from another computer - not result. The situation does not change :(

I think this is a hardware problem. The electrical circuit of the printer would be perfect, but i not found it anywhere.

Warranty is ended over year ago and my fux-xng Russian reseller 3DPhome.ru accumulated water in the mouth and sitting in the snow. Not warranty - not converse and technical support :twisted: