Problem with support

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Philippe

Problem with support

Post by Philippe » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:20 am

Hello
I've just start to made my first part and I've a question.
When I print a part after few minute he support start to get up to support plate, could you have a soltution to past the part on the plate ?
I've try with different part an I've alxays the same problem

Thanks

FallGuy

Re: Problem with support

Post by FallGuy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi Philippe,

It sounds like after your print has been running for a bit of time, that it is starting to lift up off of the print plate? Is that correct? If it is, then there are a couple of things you could try to get the part to stick better. The first would be to make sure the print bed is truly level. Using the Maintenance Screen, move the print head to the four corners of the platform and make sure the gap between the nozzle and the platform is the same in all locations. Follow the leveling instructions in your manual to try and get the bed as level as possible.

Once you get the print bed level, then check to see if the print nozzle is set to the right height above the print bed. It should be about 0.2 mm above the print bed. Adjust it in small increments to make sure you don't crash the nozzle into the platform (this may move the platform out of level where you would have to re-level it again). Once the nozzle height gap is set, I recheck to make sure it is set at all four corners again just to make sure the bed is level.

Another item that will help your print stick is what your are printing on. I print onto a piece of "perfboard" held onto the platform with little clips. Your newer printer probably came with a piece of this perfboard. I have always had pretty good luck printing to the perfboard. Just remember to attach the perfboard to the platform before leveling or adjusting the nozzle height.

Others have had good luck printing onto a thin piece of glass held in place with clips. Before printing, they swipe a thin layer of glue onto the glass for the print to stick to. If you search this forum you can find information on how they prepare the platform with glue.

If you have tried all this, and you are still having problems, maybe you could post a picture and we can see if we can spot what the problem is.

Good luck,
Thanks,

FallGuy

Philippe

Re: Problem with support

Post by Philippe » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Thancks for your answer,I'm my new setting and it's good