Possible solution for Nozzle Crashing

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Ismay

Possible solution for Nozzle Crashing

Post by Ismay » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Hi Guys

I got my up about a month ago and ran into a problem that others also experienced. The platform would raise and the nozzle will move around extruding plastic after a print. The nozzle would sometimes crashes into the part as a result.

I realized that I did a ROM upgrade, to solve an other issue, when this issue started. I did a ROM upgrade again and after the upgrade completed it asks me to switch off the printer. I pressed the initialize switch to turn it off but it didn't work. I then had the eureka moment that this might have been my fault when upgrading the ROM. I switched off the printer, turned it on, initialized it, did the ROM upgrade and then turned it off with the power switch on the back when it asks me to switch off the printer.

I haven't had the nozzle issue since and I have done about 10 prints. A very strange solution but it seems to have done the job.

To break it down:
- Do a ROM upgrade
- Use the power switch on the back to turn off the printer when you are asked to do so.

Let me know if this works for you.

Kevink

Re: Possible solution for Nozzle Crashing

Post by Kevink » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:54 am

I have the same problem, but the ROM upgrade didn't work for me.

j45on

Post by j45on » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:27 pm

The only solution that has worked for me is to unplug the usb after I upload the model and hit the ok button
Using this method I can leave a print alone and not baby sit it
My printer has seen use on a mac,an old pc with xp and a new pc with windows 7 same random crash problem on each machine
I even had the cpu changed under warranty

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:41 pm

See other posts about USB troubles. Most likely earth currents in the USB lead inducing rogue signals. Ensure your PC ground and printer ground are from the same AC outlet.

cheers

Peter

roller

Post by roller » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:16 am

mr6k wrote:See other posts about USB troubles. Most likely earth currents in the USB lead inducing rogue signals. Ensure your PC ground and printer ground are from the same AC outlet.
Or simply unplug the USB when your job starts.

Ismay

Post by Ismay » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:53 pm

I have had this problem with or without the USB cable plugged in. As I mentioned, I did solve the problem by re installing the ROM but the problem did return after several successful prints. I just unplugged the printer over night (I unplug it every night because I put a cover over it), re installed my ROM the next morning and the problem was solved once again. Also remember to use the safe remove function for USB inputs in Windows when you remove your printer. I think this also helps to suppress the problem.

It's unfortunate that some people still have this problem because it is extremely irritating but I wonder if the new 1.19 software will help solving this problem.

j45on

Post by j45on » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Ismay wrote:g but I wonder if the new 1.19 software will help solving this problem.
I am using 1.9 software
mr6k wrote:See other posts about USB troubles. Most likely earth currents in the USB lead inducing rogue signals. Ensure your PC ground and printer ground are from the same AC outlet.

cheers

Peter
Same power source for printer and all three computers that I tried
roller wrote:
Or simply unplug the USB when your job starts.
That's what I am doing now and it works so I'm sticking with it :)