problem with printing setting

Share projects and models that you like, and wow the fellow Uppers!
Erie

Post by Erie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:45 am

hii all..
i'm new user up plus 3d printer, i have problem with setting when i'm trying to printing, the object is a wheel, why objects most marked red, i try to rotate, move or scale, and place or fix tool, its still like that, I think if I keep print will not be perfect object. anyone can help me? what should i do...?
i'm so sorry with my english, its verry bad...

JuliaDee

Re: problem with printing setting

Post by JuliaDee » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:31 pm

Facets shown in red in the Up software are indicative of something wrong with your STL files - the "normals" aren't the right way around or some such thing. You can try uploading to netfabb's cloud services for automatic mesh fixing.

nickw

Post by nickw » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:43 am

There is an option called 'fix' in the edit menu.
Maybe this will help? I am also just learning, and haven't needed to use this option yet, so I'm not sure how helpful it is.

Erie

Post by Erie » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:15 am

Facets shown in red in the Up software are indicative of something wrong with your STL files - the "normals" aren't the right way around or some such thing. You can try uploading to netfabb's cloud services for automatic mesh fixing.
where i can use netfabb's cloud services ?
There is an option called 'fix' in the edit menu.
Maybe this will help? I am also just learning, and haven't needed to use this option yet, so I'm not sure how helpful it is.
i already try 'fix' tool but still not work

Neal

Post by Neal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Netfabb is similar to the "FIX" command but is more thorough. It seems to find small holes or gaps in the model and closes them. I have had good success with it although one time it closed up a hole that I actually put in the model on purpose. You can access here:

http://cloud.netfabb.com/

Erie

Post by Erie » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Neal wrote:Netfabb is similar to the "FIX" command but is more thorough. It seems to find small holes or gaps in the model and closes them. I have had good success with it although one time it closed up a hole that I actually put in the model on purpose. You can access here:

http://cloud.netfabb.com/
Thanks for all information, i'll try to upload my file

mariasam

Post by mariasam » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:09 am

but my experimentation was far from comprehensive. Basically whenever I got impatient waiting for something to happen I'd crank it up a few degrees and boil off a bit more juice :) :P

chrisjacob

Post by chrisjacob » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:58 am

I guess you can do the basic troubleshooting steps with the printer. I am not familiar with the 3D printers, but in normal all in one printer we used to do the reset in the printer settings, go for a test print and check the alignments, margins etc selected to make sure everything is selected properly. Please check these and try again.

Chris