A few mods i plan to make

Share projects and models that you like, and wow the fellow Uppers!
ming

A few mods i plan to make

Post by ming » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:55 am

Dream@night / Holdit@sameday

ming

Re: A few mods i plan to make

Post by ming » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:09 am

or the value design from a couple dollars you can buy the L bracket and bend it to shape and slot the holes needed

DrewPetitclerc

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing
http://flash-graphics.deviantart.com/
http://www.thingiverse.com/DrewPetitclerc

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:00 am

Very similar to the part you design , I would say that is equal and copyrighted included.
Drew you have removed the stop or what happen , can you explain me . Or is a magic part with personality whit auto change ?.

Drew a greeting !.

José

DrewPetitclerc

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:00 am

josejuako wrote:Very similar to the part you design , I would say that is equal and copyrighted included.
Drew you have removed the stop or what happen , can you explain me . Or is a magic part with personality whit auto change ?.
Same as my design, not copyrighted but not very original either.
If I understand what you are asking I removed the front sheet metal cover and cut the horizontal slot larger to allow the stronger bracket more clearance.
And Greetings to you Jose!
I just got back from a week in Nuevo Vallarta, it was wonderful.
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing
http://flash-graphics.deviantart.com/
http://www.thingiverse.com/DrewPetitclerc

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Good is a bit of satire and sarcasm too on my part, when I see your design manipulated without any respect because my friend you are the developer of this support. I wish you other happy super week.

Jose

ming

Post by ming » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:26 pm

A bracket with 1 set of hole constraints and one hole for mounting. Limited to space /opening.
Purpose is to improve stiffness "IF" the current load(movement) is displacing the device it's holding.

The above is the problem statement I don't see any thing difficult nor warrants a copyright. It's almost hysterical that one will assume its a special design.

Place those hole limitations in 3d space
Connect the center points
Thicken the connection
Keep in mind the loads or motion
Fit to mating parts dimension
With some artistic touch - fillets

There's your part. Takes a proficient cad designer 30 minutes

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Mr. MingTai

Lo felicito por su buena educación , estamos aprendiendo mucho de usted , no sabemos como agradecerle su participación en este foro . Creo que aquí de una o de otra forma tenemos un poco de conocimiento del tema . Con los derechos de autor es realmente en donde podemos darnos cuenta de la ética y respeto de las persorsonas junto con la cultura que muestra cual es su calidad . Este espacio es de gente elegante y bien educada . La histeria yo la siento en la gente que no pide permiso , del que manipula porque si , de las personas que conociendo o desconociendo no dan tregua para ser armoniosos si no más bien nos dice que los equivocados somos los presentes , para mi esa persona es la histérica . Ahora si puede comensar a comportarse con buenas manerás y no ofendiendo a las personas que de una o de otra forma han participado en este foro . Ojalá pueda entender lo que le estoy diciendo . Yo creería que no tiene esa capacidad . De todos modos mil gracias por sus palabras un tanto fuera de lugar .

José

ming

Post by ming » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:49 pm

I not sure what you are trying to say or accuse me of. Sorry if you (jose) are offended or have an impression of me. One thing i would recommend you should do is have your information accurate (facts) before you accuse.

mr6k

Post by mr6k » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Jose,

I presume you believe MingTai has copied Drew's bracket. But I don't think he has and it seems neither does Drew.
If you compare Mingtai's bracket with Drews there are subtle differences. Drews has a small guide stop protruding from one face, MingTais does not. Also MingTais radiused edge which encompasses two holes has slight webbing around the holes, Drews does not. I therefore believe that as MingTai explained his CAD software generated a similar, but not identical bracket.

cheers

Peter

ming

Post by ming » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:32 pm

thanks for clearing that up
just to waste a tad more time to clearify how easy it is for designing parts with a clear objective (even approximate dimensions are all is needed)

Record on my screen real time a few minutes ago
http://screencast.com/t/P81qOP3dy5v

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:52 pm

I like knowing that it has been understood about respect and tradition. No misunderstanding just a good appreciation. I think today is a good day and we're still a group with pp3d , Drew and I am delighted. Mr. ming is well come . But who notices that his part had already been designed and produced, the same as used by us over 2 years ago .

Jose

Drew part