3-D model lifting off platform

Share projects and models that you like, and wow the fellow Uppers!
jmanzo

3-D model lifting off platform

Post by jmanzo » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:30 pm

I have the Up!start plus 3D printer. When I print models that cover over the back right side of the platform the models lift off the platform. smaller models that are place more in the middle print fine. But whenever I print anything larger that cover the back right corner the 3D model will lift off. I could try to provide pictures if necessary. anyone have these issues? i believe maybe the platform is not heating evenly? To the touch the platform feels hot, Any help would be appreiciated. Can I call the manufacture and possible get a new heating element or new platfrom?
thanks
JIM

teamcarlisle

Re: 3-D model lifting off platform

Post by teamcarlisle » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:32 am

my best advice is to "read the manual" and search the forums about leveling your bed. And not just the automatic leveling, do the mechanical leveling first. Then re-set your nozzle height. That will fix your problem. Also wait until the bed is fully heated before starting your print

ftdesigns

Re: 3-D model lifting off platform

Post by ftdesigns » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:46 am

teamcarlisle wrote:my best advice is to "read the manual" and search the forums about leveling your bed. And not just the automatic leveling, do the mechanical leveling first. Then re-set your nozzle height. That will fix your problem. Also wait until the bed is fully heated before starting your print
yeah, definitely sounds like you need to level your platform. note how the bottom layer's lines look: if they look stringy in the back and the front looks more smushed in, then that is characteristic of needing a leveled platform.