Recommendations for packing my printer to move?

Coffee place for all the Uppers. Discuss about UP techniques, sharing ideas and tips. Coffee is on the house. :)
UPUPandAway

Recommendations for packing my printer to move?

Post by UPUPandAway » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:08 pm

I will be making a cross country move soon (in USA, not that it matters really) and was wondering what people recommend as far as disassembly/packing for moving my printer (PP3DP UP! Plus). I'd like to just leave it all assembled, but I feel like my print head would get damaged if the moving truck hit too many bumps. Anyone move their printer and have suggestions? I don't have any of the original packaging, so I'll have to get something from scratch.

pleppik

Re: Recommendations for packing my printer to move?

Post by pleppik » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Unscrew the print head and the build platform. The print head can go in a small box wrapped in newspaper, and the build platform is pretty much bulletproof (but removing it making it less likely the platform will be thrown out of alignment by whanging against something).

I think that should pretty much do it--the remaining parts are light enough, and there's enough friction in the system, that I wouldn't think there would be too much banging around.