Attach 3D printed things to wall

Coffee place for all the Uppers. Discuss about UP techniques, sharing ideas and tips. Coffee is on the house. :)
reaganks

Attach 3D printed things to wall

Post by reaganks » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi there,

I have a problem attaching a headphone mount to the wall. Since I live in an apartment as a student, I am not allowed to make a hole through the wall. I have tried using bluetack and 3M adhesive. With 3M, the attachment to the surface of 3D printed things is not strong enough, but with bluetack, the surface of the wall to the bluetack is not strong.

I just wondering if anyone has any experience in more adhesive materials that would do the job or maybe any alternative methods. Thanks very much!

Blutgeist

Re: Attach 3D printed things to wall

Post by Blutgeist » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Hello,

i don't know where you from. But in Germany you can by Tesa Adhesive Powerstripes.
On the website you can look and found something that is possibly strong enough.
http://www.tesa.com/consumer/mounting-hanging-sms

Hope you will find something.

Tobias

ricks01

Re: Attach 3D printed things to wall

Post by ricks01 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:17 pm

reaganks wrote:Hi there,

I have a problem attaching a headphone mount to the wall. Since I live in an apartment as a student, I am not allowed to make a hole through the wall. I have tried using bluetack and 3M adhesive. With 3M, the attachment to the surface of 3D printed things is not strong enough, but with bluetack, the surface of the wall to the bluetack is not strong.

I just wondering if anyone has any experience in more adhesive materials that would do the job or maybe any alternative methods. Thanks very much!

Try applying some super glue to the back of the 3D printed part before applying the 3M adhesive tape...