Head PCB for up! mini

Coffee place for all the Uppers. Discuss about UP techniques, sharing ideas and tips. Coffee is on the house. :)
7Schlaefer

Head PCB for up! mini

Post by 7Schlaefer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:06 pm

Hello everybody,
ive done my first steps in eagle today and made a head pcb for up!mini (perhabs it fits also on plus).
What do you mean ?

I changed the JST connector to pin-header, perhabs the also fit cause 2,75mm grid.
layout.png
layout.png (2.32 KiB) Viewed 5850 times
bohrung.png
bohrung.png (8.48 KiB) Viewed 5853 times
Best regards Leo

edit: its not done yet, there are still some little fails in it to correct :)

brainzilla

Re: Head PCB for up! mini

Post by brainzilla » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:14 pm

I would not change the connector pitch.
Also I think you mean 2,54mm / 100mil pitch anyway.
The HX connectors are pretty much the thing to use when you have a single row of pins in 100mil pitch and want an idiot-safe connector.
Of cause there's alternatives on the market, but why change the installed plugs? The cables are already kinda short. And trust me: crimping terminals onto those wires is gonna be a pain in the ass.
You can obtain HX sockets from aliexpress or european distributors, they are cheap compared to other solutions (hence popular in China-electronics).

7Schlaefer

Post by 7Schlaefer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:13 pm

Yeah, thats what ive seen the lasts weeks. Finished HX Cables with connector for about 5€ for 10Pieces ist pretty cheap, as you say its safes time.

brainzilla

Post by brainzilla » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Effectively it saves you money, because you wont't get all the parts for the price that chinese producer pays.
Also he has a machine to automatically wire the terminals and assemble the cables - you would need a crimp tool.

Macflame

Post by Macflame » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:05 am

Hi 7Schlaefer. Would you share the Eagle files? What is there left to do on the board?