Talking of coffee...

Coffee place for all the Uppers. Discuss about UP techniques, sharing ideas and tips. Coffee is on the house. :)
eyUP

Talking of coffee...

Post by eyUP » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:58 am

Has anyone any opinions or experience of Nespresso machines ? Christmas is coming and fancy treating myself :)
I hear they make a very good coffee but am a bit lost at the range of machines and wonder if the capsules will get too expensive ?

Fred

Re: Talking of coffee...

Post by Fred » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:59 pm

They do make good coffee but you end up tied into expensive capsules.

Try an Aeropress for great coffee. Ridiculously cheap too.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 pm

My better half has purchased Tassimo, as they where available for 42 Eur and have 40 cash back / shop vouchers if you register the machines, plus they have variable pressure depending on the hot beverage you want to make (barcode capsules).
As far as the trash issue goes, I've seen this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:34420 :-)

Macman

Post by Macman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:34 pm

We have a Gaggia Espresso, I love ground coffee but it has to be hand ground. I can taste the difference when its machine ground, it has a slight burnt taste. Hand made coffee also forces you to take a break from the computer which isn't a bad thing, then when your hyper on caffeine its back too it. :twisted:

FallGuy

Post by FallGuy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:53 pm

I received a Keurig for Christmas and love it. But you are right, over time the little packs are expensive, so I bought the little holder so I could use my own ground coffee most of the time, and just use the K-cups on weekends.
Thanks,

FallGuy

LonV

Post by LonV » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:08 pm

As I said, I don't really like coffee...but just ordered an Aeropress (http://aerobie.com/products/aeropress.htm) in hopes that the bitterness goes away. :P

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi
my coffee machine is a kettle, cup and spoon.
I have thought about a machine and in Australia there are models available from $69 with 35 cent capsules, but I regularly enjoy a good coffee from the local coffee shops while in conversation with friends, and think that if I am drinking great coffee at home, a good coffee may become the norm rather than special, So, instant or plunger at home for me.
Regards
Lawrence

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:17 am

I regularly enjoy a good coffee from the local coffee shops while in conversation with friends, and think that if I am drinking great coffee at home, a good coffee may become the norm rather than special
I know what you're saying but I feel the prep. and cleaning of coffee makers means you tend to leave it in the cupboard ready for guests or special occasions anyway.
That's why I like the idea of the Nespresso, it'd be there whenever I wanted to supply good coffee - I'm presuming the capsules stay fresh for quite a while ? (Unlike an opened bag of ground!)

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:28 am

Hi eyeup
I have thought about that too. I may be swayed by the capsule type because it is easy. and I love my coffee.
Regards
Lawrence

scubamatt41

Post by scubamatt41 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:03 pm

We have the Delonghi ESAM 4500 Magnifica. It needs some looking after but it makes quality coffee....depending on the beans of course
Always breath out on the way UP