Can not calibrate my printer

Coffee place for all the Uppers. Discuss about UP techniques, sharing ideas and tips. Coffee is on the house. :)
Oleg

Can not calibrate my printer

Post by Oleg » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 am

Hi all. I have UP Plus printer (model 3DP-14-4A) with latest 6.07 firmware and v1.17 software. When i try to enter measured sizes to "calibrate" window , the new values can not save.
Look my video of this trouble:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvBuyGiE_xM

Please help me to calibrate my printer.

pp3dp.nl

Re: Can not calibrate my printer

Post by pp3dp.nl » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Hello Oleg,

I have read that the buttons show ???? (maybe a bug in 1.17).

But the 124 you are changing in your video always changes back to 124 after you close the window. The ideal value is 124, after calibration you enter (change) this value to what you have measured, for example 124.38 or 125.24. Then the software calculates the offset and that can be seen in the top of the calibrate window, in your sample video XY = 2.75 deg.

Always reset this value before you enter the new ones (reset is the left button, middle is OK and right is cancel).

So I would suggest reset all (so XY and XZ degrees are 0.000), then print the calibrate model, measure everything and write the values down, then enter them and click okay.

If you do this XY and XZ have new values.

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:52 pm

This confuses people everytime! The values shown always go back to 124 and any changes from 124 are added to whatever changes were made last time. That's why you have to hit the reset button on the far left to clear out the previous changes.
This video shows the procedure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfh-Jdj8 ... e=youtu.be

I don't know how they can make this simpler in the software ...it makes sense once you know how it works...you make the part and measure the value which should be 124 and enter the actual value...print again and measure again to make a finer adjustment as it should be closer to 124 this time...then whatever adjustment was made originally is altered slightly to make the size as close as possible to 124mm
If I understand it all correctly, the first time you print the calibration model, you should make sure the values are reset first, otherwise you may print with comp values active, then reset the values and enter new ones but the next calibration print will not be correct (because the 1st print was printed with comp already active)

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Yes I know what you mean, I tried to explain it because at first I didn't get the calibration either. It's confusing and logical (when you get it) at the same time.

And I did not calibrate until I needed some straight and long parts that came out a little crooked. After calibration the part was great and I wished I had done calibration sooner.

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:56 am

Thinking about it, the software could be improved just by making the screen show clearly what the current compensation values are.
Personally I never notice the text in the top (blue) bar of a window as it's normally just a description, in my opinion it should not show important data.