Fill

Coffee place for all the Uppers. Discuss about UP techniques, sharing ideas and tips. Coffee is on the house. :)
scubamatt41

Re: Fill

Post by scubamatt41 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Apology accepted Edward. No harm done

I just read that sending you that object was a fail on my side. I will email again!

Matthijn
Always breath out on the way UP

scubamatt41

Post by scubamatt41 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Hello, I installed and used the 1.18v software and it works for me :)
This software for me means I don't have to use a M3 washer to counter for the unlevel bed.
I could just about take away this unlevel bed in the software , the bed was just whitin 1mm out of level.
Also I printed the part that has been subject in this chain of posts with a3mm layer thickness setting.
It's still no good?

I minimized as manny known factors as possible which could influence the fill not sticking to the walls.
I don't realy like the idea of having to angle my objects in order for the fill to stick.
To figureout the best angle will take a minimum of 1 test print, if not more, for each object where the wall is importand :evil:
Again, is there anything I can do to eliminate this?

Tiertime-Edward

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:51 am

Hi Matt,

Thank you for sending me the STL. I have printed your model with my mini printer.

Upload the STL into the UP! software, I rotated the model 30 degrees in the z direction. It seems that the model I printed after rotation, the wall becomes a little better than unrotate.

This is the step for ROTATE: click the model, click rotate, then input a degrees into the box, I want it to rotate in z direction, so click Z.

See photos.
Attachments
1.jpg
layer thickness: 0.2mm; Inner fill: solid
1.jpg (80.89 KiB) Viewed 6299 times
Rotate the model 30 degrees in Z direction.jpg
Rotate the model 30 degrees in Z direction.jpg (238.97 KiB) Viewed 6299 times

Blown454

Post by Blown454 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:46 am

Wow, compared to the first pics, that looks great to my untrained eyes! :). I haven't had this happen to me yet, but thanks for the tip on how to tackle it Edward! I'm always loving to learn new tricks, and when you were saying to rotate the part, I was envisioning it being printed at an angle with support material underneath.

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:00 am

Thanks Edward, this is a really useful tip. I also thought that you meant rotating the model in the X or Y axis and didn't think rotating in Z would make any difference.

scubamatt41

Post by scubamatt41 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi Edward,
That looks great, I was also stuck into thinking about rotating on the X an Y planes. Rotating on the Z will minimize the problem.
In combination with the software update it will only improve or even zero having to rotate.

Cheers with ears
Matt