Firmware Update

New user in this forum can introduce yourself here. Pictures of new UP Printer, fresh prints from UP Printer, and more.
Morphzan

Firmware Update

Post by Morphzan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:18 am

Good Day

I would like to know how to Update the firmware on an UP Mini 2

Also, is there a way to factory reset/flash the firmware?

Tiertime-Elaine

Re: Firmware Update

Post by Tiertime-Elaine » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:04 am

Hi Morphzan,

No, you cannot reset or flash, and update the firmware of your printer.

You would like to update the firmware for what purpose?

Elaine

UniStudentGeneric

Post by UniStudentGeneric » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 pm

Hi,

I've been wondering why the UPBOX (I have in my lab) doesn't wait for the bed to fully heat before starting the print job.
This is a problem especially when printing in ABS (temperature sensitive).
Even when I select the Preheat option it still doesn't fully preheat the bed before starting to print.
Finally when reading about Gcodes I realized the potential problem.
Basically I think the UPBOX firmware / or software adds the M104 command instead of the M190 command.
This would exactly explain the behavior issues. Since we can't modify the system can Tiertime do a software or firmware upgrade to resolve this issue?

Regards , Simon Cumming

Quoted from ...https://www.simplify3d.com/support/arti ... -tutorial/

M140 and M190 – Bed Heating Commands
Use these commands to set the temperature of your heated build platform. The syntax is very similar to the M104 and M109 commands mentioned above. Sending the M140 command begins heating the bed, but allows you to run other commands immediately afterwards. The M190 command will wait until the bed temperature is reached before allowing any other commands to run. Keep in mind that the heated bed on your printer may take several minutes to reach elevated temperatures. So don’t be surprised if you see your printer pausing while waiting on an M190 command to finish heating the bed. Because this process can take a long time, it may be a good idea to start heating the bed at the beginning of your routine using an M140 command, which would allow you to do other actions such as homing or nozzle purging while the bed is still pre-heating. Just make sure to include an M190 before the print begins, as the bed temperature can be an important factor for first layer adhesion.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:01 am

Yeah, I emailed support about this.

We used to have the problem that the wait until up to temp gcode was ignored. My assumption is that the old studio "preheat for 15 minutes" was a bodge to get around this. - Not good

Now studio seems to ignore the preheat checkbox in studio and just print when the nozzle was up to temp. At this point I contacted support.

This is the reply I received:-
Dear Customer,
Preheat function is only preheating the platform in advance, if the platform's temperature is up to over around 30-60 degree, then nozzle start heating and printing.
So is we set a bed temp of 90 deg for ABS the print will start if the bed gets up to 30?????????????????????

So it would appear they took a function that didn't work and made it worse, and then wonder why we want to update the firmware? :roll: ARGGGGHH.

Oh well, we've always said the hardware is mostly good, the firmware needs work and the software needs throwing away...

Sorry I can't offer a fix, but at least you're not alone, is there comfort in that?
Cheers, Owen S.