Hi, and please help!

New user in this forum can introduce yourself here. Pictures of new UP Printer, fresh prints from UP Printer, and more.
RivalDealer

Hi, and please help!

Post by RivalDealer » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi everyone,

im brand new to the world of 3D printing, i have just got a UP! 3D printer. model 3DP-14-4A and i am using UP studio Version 2.2.1 (541) on my MacBook.

the software detects the printer fine and i can make it extrude and move the plate about however it will not print.

it keeps popping up with "ERROR: Model out of bounds of print area.

no matter what file i load from any source, UP store or from thingiverse it still gives me the same error.

also even if i scale the model to be tiny and hit auto place still no luck :(

please could anyone offer me any advice as i would love to get printing with my new to me printer!

thanks!

Tiertime-Elaine

Re: Hi, and please help!

Post by Tiertime-Elaine » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:40 am

RivalDealer wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:16 pm
Hi everyone,

im brand new to the world of 3D printing, i have just got a UP! 3D printer. model 3DP-14-4A and i am using UP studio Version 2.2.1 (541) on my MacBook.

the software detects the printer fine and i can make it extrude and move the plate about however it will not print.

no matter what file i load from any source, UP store or from thingiverse it still gives me the same error.

please could anyone offer me any advice as i would love to get printing with my new to me printer!

thanks!
Hi RivalDealer,

Sorry for the late reply.

Which model did you have? UP Plus, UP mini, UP BOX?

Could you please send us your model to us for testing purpose? elaine.zhou(at)tiertime.net

Thanks in advance.

Elaine

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:50 pm

RivalDealer wrote:
Hi everyone,

thanks!
I've had this happen on occasion. Check the model itself, there might be some bad geometry that extends past the build volume, but doesn't really appear when viewing the model itself.

Best bet is to run it through meshmixer or even the 3d Builder app from the Microsoft Store (It's actually pretty useful) and check the model. 3D builder will probably detect the error pretty easily and offer to repair it on import.

The other potential issue could be a piece that's too thin. For example, I have a bed level test model that has a 0.1mm plane. It's meant to only print a single layer just to check for any high/low points on the bed, but UPstudio hates it, so I have to stretch the model on the z until it's at least 0.2mm.

Tiertime-Elaine

Post by Tiertime-Elaine » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:58 pm

RivalDealer wrote:
Hi everyone,

thanks!

Hi there,

The full context of the error message is: Model outside build envelope. If the model is larger than the build envelope, please reduce model size. If the model's height is higher than the nozzle height, please check your nozzle height.

Hope above help you a bit.

Elaine

CanopeDTGrandEst

Post by CanopeDTGrandEst » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:02 pm

Hello,
I have the same error message.
Do you find the solution?
cordially

CanopeDTGrandEst

Post by CanopeDTGrandEst » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Hello,
I have the same error message.
Do you find the solution?
cordially

TiertimeBrook

Post by TiertimeBrook » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:16 am

@CanopeDTGrandEst

Check if the current nozzle height is 0 , if it is 0, then all the models you import in will be "out of bounds"
try reset and save the nozzle height to solve that.