Hello from the North East US

New user in this forum can introduce yourself here. Pictures of new UP Printer, fresh prints from UP Printer, and more.
xDorito

Hello from the North East US

Post by xDorito » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:52 am

Greetings Uppers! I'm eagerly awaiting my Up Mini 2 to be shipped. Very excited to finally try out what I hope will be a printer I'm able to use in my very small apartment. I've heard nothing but praise regarding the Up Mini 1 and am very hopeful the Up Mini 2 proves to be a very worthy successor.

Tiertime-Jason

Re: Hello from the North East US

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:41 am

the mini 2 is way better than mini 1. One advice is, when you start your first print, print something small to make sure the nozzle height is correct.
Make sure the object is not sticking too well on the print board before going to large print.

Magic

Post by Magic » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:39 am

xdorito wrote:Greetings Uppers! I'm eagerly awaiting my Up Mini 2 to be shipped. Very excited to finally try out what I hope will be a printer I'm able to use in my very small apartment. I've heard nothing but praise regarding the Up Mini 1 and am very hopeful the Up Mini 2 proves to be a very worthy successor.

Welcome :)

I can only add to any praise you may have read/heard. I've been using an UP2plus for quite a few years and its still working well and producing good results for type of machine that it is.

If you looking for tips I would offer this...

Take the time to make sure the Nozzle to Platform height is set up correctly, plus or minus 0.2mm / 0.010" can make all the difference.
Before starting a print take the time to pre-heat the platform.
If you have problems with the part sticking too firmly to the platform or not sticking enough, try laminating it with 'Kapton Tape' and keep it clean with Acetone.

Enjoy ;)

xDorito

Post by xDorito » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:55 am

Thanks guys, great tips! I'm not new to 3D printing, but this will be my first Up printer so it's good to hear about the nozzle height. Eagerly awaiting my delivery!