New Upper from University of Arkansas

New user in this forum can introduce yourself here. Pictures of new UP Printer, fresh prints from UP Printer, and more.
Toejamfloyd

New Upper from University of Arkansas

Post by Toejamfloyd » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:11 am

Hello all!

I've had a prusa i3 sitting in pieces for a few months now, but just didn't have time to finish it. Now, I just couldn't take it any longer and had to buy a printer. I settled on the Up! Mini because it really did everything I wanted it to do as my first *working* machine.

I've printed a couple of things on it so far, just small models. I've noticed if the bed isn't hot enough, large parts do warp. I'm looking for a fix for that, but I will continue on my intrepid journey!

Thanks everyone, and good luck!

stormychel

Re: New Upper from University of Arkansas

Post by stormychel » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:41 am

Yes... the warping :s

Making sure the bed is perfectly levelled helps, but it can still happen. A way to get slightly better adhesion between ABS and build platform is by wiping it with acetone just before it starts printing. There is a mod to make the platform hotter, haven't tried it yet. Keep all doors closed and don't open them to peek... you can turn on the leds to do that.

I have this printer for 3 weeks now, and it needs a lot of mods to be reliable...

Good luck!
@stormychel

KCSteve

Post by KCSteve » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:15 am

And to save you looking for the thread, you turn the LEDs on by double-clicking the power button on the front.
Enjoy!

KCSteve :->

stormychel

Post by stormychel » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:17 am

KCSteve wrote:And to save you looking for the thread, you turn the LEDs on by double-clicking the power button on the front.
True :mrgreen:
@stormychel