Trying, and failing, to use the new Tiertime Store!!! - NOW ALL GOOD - Thanks TT

Talk about anything.
Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Trying, and failing, to use the new Tiertime Store!!! - NOW ALL GOOD - Thanks TT

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:57 am

Hi folks.

I'm trying to use the new Tiertime Store...

https://shop.tiertime.com/part-finder/

I had a few problems so tried the "contact us" support button.

Sending this:-
Hello.

This is my first time using this new site.

(Question 1) I'm in the UK using the "Europe" store but all the prices are in USD, is this a bug?

(Question 2) I'm interested in the SKU: GIFT04-UK which is "UP BOX+ Limited-time Free Gift,UK Stock" priced at $605. Buying the same parts individually seems to cost $593! Is this the correct price?

(Question 3) Do you have the steel nozzles? At the CTS show we were told they would be here, but I can only see them in the China store. Are they in stock in the UK?

Many thanks,
Owen Sparks
Production Engineer
HWM Water Ltd.
However all that happened was an error stating:-
There was an error processing your request. Please try again later.
Is this site meant to be live? If so please could I have some support?

Regards,
Owen S.
Last edited by Owen Sparks aka Marksman on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: Trying, and failing, to use the new Tiertime Store!!!

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:05 am

Hello again.

Well 24 hours have passed, would anyone like to take my money?

Thanks,

Owen S.

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:04 am

Hello,

Here is a link for steel nozzles.
https://shop.tiertime.com/product/tiert ... -uk-stock/

For the currency display, you can hover the "info" icon to get the price in other currencies, however, we currently do not accept payment other than USD due to technical reason.
menu.saveimg.savepath20181011175340.jpg
menu.saveimg.savepath20181011175340.jpg (29.2 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
For the SKU: GIFT04-UK , it is a product intended to be provided to UPBOX+ buyers during our back to school promotion, if buy UPBOX+, it will be free. We do not intend to sell the pack separately, the price is different from a combination of individual price because we calculate it base on the contents listed price without any discount.

for error processing request, at which step you get this error? please try again as could due to website maintenance.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:58 am

Thanks for the information Joseph.

(1) I've placed a test order of just a couple of nozzles to see what happens.

(2) The "Contact Us" error still happens when I press the send button. Like this:-
Tiertime Error.PNG
Tiertime Error.PNG (30.79 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
(3) We're having many problems with Upstudio. If I unplug an UPBOX+ from my machine and put it on a different PC, for our new engineer, install the same version of Studio I have and then print the results are very bad. Big gaps in the top layer and not joining up to the edges. Plug it back into my PC all OK again. Plug it into a laptop, reinstall the software yet again and back to very bad.

I'm having to getup from my desk 10 times a day to let the other man use my PC. Getting close to throwing the UPBOX out of the window.

Cheers,

Owen S,

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:44 am

Quick update,

The parts we ordered on Thursday the 11th were delivered on Monday the 16th. They were the correct items and were well packaged, so we're happy to order more.

Good job.

Cheers,
Owen S.

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:03 am

Thanks for the update!

Joseph

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:57 am

OK update on the second order for anyone interested.

(1) Good news
0.2, 0.6, and hardened steel plated nozzle all delivered, correct items and well packaged. It's great to finally be able to get hold of these. Looking forward to trying them out.

(2) Bad news.
TPU extruder delivered, correct part. Packaging looked OK.

Problem 1:-
Fan shroud delivered broken. This is the same weak part that has been delivered damaged repeatedly ever since it came out on the UPBOX+ a long time ago. It's a printed part so not having a better one is inexcusable. It was the first thing I saw on opening the box so was a depressing start.

Problem 2:-
0.5mm Nozzle fitted. If this is the correct nozzle for TPU then I have one of them! They don't appear to be on the store so have I just bought a very expensive paperweight if the nozzle jams?

Problem 3:-
General impression. Many 3D printed parts, OK, but bits of raft left on parts (top face of extruder so the bit the customer sees first) sharp lumps on surface of part, PCB not bolted down straight, generally looks like very little care was taken in the design and manufacturing process. They're not parts I would have released internally for our factory operators to use in-house, let alone send them to a customer.

So disappointing, if it was cheap then OK, but it's an expensive extruder so at this price I'd expect no errors and injection molded parts.

I hope it works!

So overall a good experience with the new store itself, but TT still need to raise their standards as far design, product availability, and quality control go.

Please take this as constructive criticism.

Cheers,
Owen S.

TiertimeBrook

Post by TiertimeBrook » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:40 am

Hello,
We appreciated for the kindly constructive criticism, that is helpful for us, We will enhance the quality of the package for the extruder and other parts in short future.

Best Regards
Brook

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:32 am

TiertimeBrook wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:40 am
Hello,
We appreciated for the kindly constructive criticism, that is helpful for us, We will enhance the quality of the package for the extruder and other parts in short future.

Best Regards
Brook
Hi thanks for the reply, however this is what I mean about Tiertime needing to improve their customer service:-

(1) I informed you my extruder arrived damaged.
Did you offer to send a replacement?
Did you offer replacement component?
Did you even supply the part file so I could print one myself?
Did you acknowledge that there is a problem with the design of the fan shroud. (I believe this is the third broken one I have.)
Did you just ignore the problem?

(2) I informed you that the TPU extruder was delivered with one nozzle (0.5mm) and that there don't appear to be any more available.
Did you supply a link to buy more?
Did you offer to send some as a courtesy if they're not available to buy?
Did you provide any information or advice?
Did you ignore the problem and hope I didn't notice I've spent $165 on something that I probably won't be able to use? Oh and another £60 on filament...

(3) I told you I was disappointed.
Did you make any effort to turn an unhappy customer into a satisfied one?

Regards,
Owen Sparks.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:31 am

Sadly all of this is the reason I'm holding back on Tiertime products, I expected the same way of operation for these new printers.

I still have a few printers but sell them when I can and focus on other brands. I'm still sour about my fried Up Box CPU that was damaged because of Up Studio and the whole gcode debacle. They say they will leave no people behind but after a while they just say my printers are too old and won't be supported etc. and my CPU can go in the trash :x I was a reseller/agent but I'm just not happy anymore with the brand.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:58 am

Yes, I understand your position, I'd feel exactly the same.

Probably too little too late but the upbox+ CPU is on sale from a ridiculous $400USD to a still ridiculous $150USD if you're interested?

https://shop.tiertime.com/product/up-bo ... ina-stock/

If I were TT I'd have sent you a free one long ago.

Cheers,
Owen S.

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:24 pm

@Mark,

Sorry for the problem you are facing.

We do offer product replacement when it is DOA (Dead on Arrival) or damaged on arrival. Regarding the weakness in the fan shroud, our engineer is working on it, and it might take some time, but when it is ready, the STL file will be available for all the users to share.

The 0.5mm TPU nozzle is available, you definitely can buy it from the store, but not now. It will be available very soon. We have some inventory issues pending.

I will find out more about your order and see what I can do within my power.

@3DWP, thank you for the candid post. We did have many times releasing products without thinking it thoroughly, and the majority of the reasons was to release the products too FAST. Truly sorry, and if there is anything we can do, let me know. I can always be reached through my email: joseph.guo @ tiertime.net

Thank you guys,

Nice weekend.

BTW, we are going to Frankfurt for the Formnext 2018, 3.1C69. If you guys happen to be in the show, please stop by.

Joseph

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:52 am

Hi Joseph, thanks for the reply.

The Up Box CPU I was talking about was fried by Up Studio when sending gcode, it was mentioned here all Up printers would be able to use gcode.

Just recently the news came that certain firmware numbers (like Up Box) would not be getting gcode support. I'm just disappointed my expensive piece of hardware is broken by the software and then I was told I don't have waranty anymore on my Up Box..

I will be visiting Formnext too so I will be happy to see you again.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:38 am

@ Joseph.

It looks like all this is being sorted out now so a thumbs up from me here for TT's customer service team.

Thanks you,

Owen S.

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:38 am

@Owen and @all
We do have lots of improvements needed. Your demanding requests and harsh criticizes are pushing us to be better. Thank you.

@3DWP, gcode was not fully supported for the old models. Should have communicated better. Sorry. Let's meet at Formnext and talk about it.

Joseph

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:43 am

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the reply, I have sent you a mail. So an Up Box+ CPU will work with gcode? Or are only the new models supported like UP300 and X5?

Kind regards, Marthijn

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: Trying, and failing, to use the new Tiertime Store!!! - NOW ALL GOOD - Thanks TT

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Good News - TT have come through, new part received, and the 0.5mm nozzles we need are now up for sale.

Thanks to Joseph and Cloris for getting this sorted out.

We now like the store again so have placed a 3rd order :D

Cheers,
Owen S

Tiertime-Joseph

Re: Trying, and failing, to use the new Tiertime Store!!! - NOW ALL GOOD - Thanks TT

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:12 pm

@Owen,

Thank you

Joseph

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:20 am

I seems the online chat is working now too. The question I asked on Friday was sent sucessfully, and I recieved an email confirmation to my q, now I'm just waiting on the answer.

In the mean time can anyone else jump in on this please?
Owen Sparks
Nov 2, 19:45 CST
Hi.
IS SKU: C-21-02-UK ABS or ABS+ ?
Many thanks, Owen S
Cheers,

Owen S.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Well another TT delivery another damaged part :evil:

This time an FCC Extruder cable cable was shipped in a thin plastic bag thrown in with other parts. Purchased as my upbox keeps failing to print with a nozzle too cool error.

Plastic Bag:-

Hole in bag:-

Squashed ribbon cable:-

I've tried to upload photos, but the forum just throws errors.

I'd like a new cable properly packaged please.

Regards,

Owen S.