New software available! UP Studio Version 2.4.22.351

Talk about anything.
tiertimefreya

New software available! UP Studio Version 2.4.22.351

Post by tiertimefreya » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:26 am

New Features For all the models of the Tiertime 3D printers:
Added the support for a new model format, the Task(.tsk) file. Added the support for the network Class B IP address.
Bug fixes: The nozzle diameter cannot be changed on the Cetus Printers.
https://www.tiertime.com/downloads/

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: New software available! UP Studio Version 2.4.22.351

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:33 am

OK, so what is a .tsk, and what are the benefits of it?

Cheers,

Owen S.

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:43 am

Hey Owen,

The Task file contains the pre-sliced layer data, so you do not need to slice the STL again.

As long as your printer profile matches the printer profile in the Task file, you can print it directly from the Task file. You can save the Task file in a USB stick, so the printer can print it directly.

There is an introduction for Task file on our website:
https://www.tiertime.com/introducing-the-Tiertime-Task/

Cheers

Joseph

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:34 am

Tiertime-Joseph wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:43 am
Hey Owen,

The Task file contains the pre-sliced layer data, so you do not need to slice the STL again.

As long as your printer profile matches the printer profile in the Task file, you can print it directly from the Task file. You can save the Task file in a USB stick, so the printer can print it directly.

There is an introduction for Task file on our website:
https://www.tiertime.com/introducing-the-Tiertime-Task/

Cheers

Joseph
Just to clarify Joseph, when you refer to the same printer profile, you mean the same printer type? Like 2 UPbox+?

So assuming I had 2 upbox+ available, both with the same nozzle size, a single task file could be used to print the same object, without having to wait for UPstudio to slice for each printer?

I assume that the Nozzle heights and levelling are handled outside the task file?

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi BrunningM,

You are correct. The nozzle height and 9 point leveling data are specific to THE target printer, not the parameters in the printer profile. The calculation for slicing is independent of THE target printer, which makes the slicing result shareable among compatible printers (printer profile).

This feature will make direct USB printing, shareable slicing data, or even STL protection possible.

Would like to get feedback from you guys.

Joseph

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi Joseph,

Does the new software also support gcode printing on the original Up Box? Elaine promised a few versions ago lower firmware versions would be added to Up Studio.

I would really like to be able to use gcode on all my Tiertime printers..

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:42 am

Hi 3DWP,

I do not believe the gcode will get supported in the lower version firmware. The best option in my opinion is to upgrade your CPU.

Joseph

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:05 pm

Well that's just great, why not? Is it hard to change? Is the hardware different?

Why not help us out if it is possible?

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:31 am

Hi 3DWP,

Sorry for the disappointment.

I can send a feature request in our internal wanted-list, but I can not guarantee it will get added to the list, or when it will be ready if accepted.

Joseph

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:00 am

OK looking at TSK, will comment on GCODE in the GCODE thread.

TSK:-

(1) Thanks for the rely Joseph, good explanation.

(2) I like the concept, too much time is wasted in production runs in re-slicing files that don't change.

(3) You've done a great job of hiding this functionality. I looked under the save icon, and presumed you'd not released it! A drop down under the preview button is the last place I would have looked. However the link to the web page has good clear instructions.

(4) BUG 1:- So I saved a task file, closed studio, reopened it again and went to load my saved file. I couldn't find it. Your windows file type filter excludes the tsk file in the "all" filter.
TT Software filter2.png
TT Software filter2.png (12.89 KiB) Viewed 4776 times
Change the drop down filter from all to tsk and I can see the file.

(5) BUG 2:- The file opens and shows a preview. Click send and I'm greeted with this:-
TT Software.png
TT Software.png (72.61 KiB) Viewed 4776 times
So in summary from my initial test it has met my expectations of TT software. It's a nice idea, it's buttons hidden behind buttons, and it doesn't work.

I really like the idea of the new TT models of printers, but the idea of being one of the first buyers and being faced with a constant stream of issues as seen above puts me off.

Sorry,

Owen S.
Attachments
TT Software filter2.png
b
TT Software filter2.png (12.89 KiB) Viewed 4777 times
TT Software filter.png
TT Software filter.png (12.89 KiB) Viewed 4777 times
TT Software filter.png
TT Software filter.png (12.89 KiB) Viewed 4783 times

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:25 am

OK the image attachment and place inline bit of the forum software seems to have gone mad, but hopefully you can see the two images?

O.S.

Tiertime-Elaine

Post by Tiertime-Elaine » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:25 am

Hi Marksman

Thanks for your reporting.

(4) BUG 1:- So I saved a task file, closed studio, reopened it again and went to load my saved file. I couldn't find it. Your windows file type filter excludes the tsk file in the "all" filter.
In order to avoid the .STL and the .TSK file been added together to print.

(5) BUG 2:- The file opens and shows a preview. Error Code:0
We did locate the cause of issue and fixing it. The software will be fixed in next software release.

Again, thanks!!!
Elaine

OwenSparks wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:00 am
OK looking at TSK, will comment on GCODE in the GCODE thread.

TSK:-

(1) Thanks for the rely Joseph, good explanation.

(2) I like the concept, too much time is wasted in production runs in re-slicing files that don't change.

(3) You've done a great job of hiding this functionality. I looked under the save icon, and presumed you'd not released it! A drop down under the preview button is the last place I would have looked. However the link to the web page has good clear instructions.

TT Software filter2.png

Change the drop down filter from all to tsk and I can see the file.

(5) BUG 2:- The file opens and shows a preview. Click send and I'm greeted with this:-

TT Software.png

So in summary from my initial test it has met my expectations of TT software. It's a nice idea, it's buttons hidden behind buttons, and it doesn't work.

I really like the idea of the new TT models of printers, but the idea of being one of the first buyers and being faced with a constant stream of issues as seen above puts me off.

Sorry,

Owen S.

DeanR181

Post by DeanR181 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:08 am

Hi All, hope i am in the right place. My Asus 64bit i7 Nvidia GTX960M laptop will not let me install Up Studio. It gets to the end of the installation then rewinds giving an error message stating cannot install due to error.

I tried to install on my other laptop but have the same issue.

On the desk top, no problem.

I did have it running previously but then i had to wipe my Hard Drive and reinstall everything again, so have tried on a clean install, but no go. Any ideas anyone as I have a $3000 printer I cannot use now.

Thanks
Dean

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:22 am

Hi Dean,

Please install the latest software,

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/up3d ... 32.461.zip

Let me know if it is OK installed.

Joseph