PRINTS STICKING TO RAFT - NEW THREAD

Talk about anything.
zeeb84

PRINTS STICKING TO RAFT - NEW THREAD

Post by zeeb84 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:27 pm

I had been printing standard in ABS in my mini2 on a perf board. Had been doing it for some time and had no issues with removing from raft. Suddenly abs started being "melted" to raft it seemed. Was printing in Upbox with PLA and had easy removal from raft...now having same issue. On Flex board there though.
I have fan blowing on the print on both machines (not directed away from print bed), please advise with temps for each (bed and printer head). USing upfila PLA

ALSO: I have noticed upstudio flashing message that it is USING ABS CLOUD PARAMETERS..

brunningm

Re: PRINTS STICKING TO RAFT - NEW THREAD

Post by brunningm » Fri May 25, 2018 12:11 pm

I've been having some problems with the raft with the 2.3.23.135 update. Though not sure if they're the same as yours.

Larger flat surfaces are fine, but smaller surfaces tend to fuse with the top layer of the raft. The top layer of the raft pulls away from the bottom layer of the raft too easily causing a need to pick fine 'hairs' off the bottom of the print.

As for your ABS cloud service....it's always done that. Still does the temps you selected though. I assumed it's a carry-over from the days when the software didn't allow temperature control and just had either ABS or PLA as an option.