Can Up Box+ print nice looking transparent objects?

Talk about anything.
uplus2user

Can Up Box+ print nice looking transparent objects?

Post by uplus2user » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:59 am

Hello, I used Makerbot 2 and PLA to print transparent objects. They were not transparent as I could see the internal structure (holes due to the way the objects were printed). Can the Up Box+ print clear, nice looking transparent objects? If possible, please show us some photos. Thanks.

ricks01

Re: Can Up Box+ print nice looking transparent objects?

Post by ricks01 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:39 am

No, the prints will look just the same as the Makerbot, as well all other FDM printers...

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:43 am

uplus2user wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:59 am
Hello, I used Makerbot 2 and PLA to print transparent objects. They were not transparent as I could see the internal structure (holes due to the way the objects were printed). Can the Up Box+ print clear, nice looking transparent objects? If possible, please show us some photos. Thanks.
Transparent is not going to happen with infill. To even get close you'd need to be able to do spiral perimeters, which the upbox (UPstudio) doesn't do. It does have perimeter mode, but it doesn't do it in a single long print.

pleppik

Post by pleppik » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Truly transparent is impossible with any FDM printer. The technology is not capable of creating an optically flat surface.

The best you can do is a frosted appearance.