Connecting multiple printers to a printer server

Talk about anything.
AidanHammond

Connecting multiple printers to a printer server

Post by AidanHammond » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:22 am

Our school has a number of UP printers, which are freely accessible to our students.
We currently have:
4 UP Plus
8 UP Mini 2
2 Up Box Plus

Currently, our students connect to the printers through an individual USB cable, and upload their files through the UP studio software that is installed on their laptops.

Problem is, once they have done this, our technicians have no idea who has connected to the printer.

Curious if anyone has had printers connected to a server, and if so, what are they using? How do you monitor prints, usage, etc.Has anyone come up with a different work around?
curious to hear solutions.

Thanks.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: Connecting multiple printers to a printer server

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi,

I'd be very interested in this too.

I'd also be interested if anyone else is having issues running multiple printers on the same PC over USB. I've had lots of instances of sending a print to "Machine B" the print going to "Machine B" but with with studio deciding to use "Machine A'" nozzle height setting, causing very bad things to happen.

Cheers,

Owen S.

Glem3d

Post by Glem3d » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:56 am

Bom dia
Eu tenho 8 Up mini, 1 Up Box e uma Cliever todas conectadas a um servidor.
Tenho uma pasta compartilhada no servidor chamada IMPRESSÃO, e tudo que tem que ser impresso, é colocado lá dentro e somente eu direciono os arquivos para cada impressora.

Espero ter ajudado.

ftdesigns

Post by ftdesigns » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:51 pm

I've contacted support regarding this before. They did not have an answer for me. The best I've seen is that you can plug all of them into one computer and Studio or the original slicing software will recognize that multiple serial numbers are connected and lets you choose.