Tiertime are you censoring our posts now?

Talk about anything.
Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Tiertime are you censoring our posts now?

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Tiertime.

Are you censoring our posts now?

I notice that several posts that have been made by your customers are now blank. It seems strange that these empty posts contained critical opinions with regards to the performance, reliability and cost of your hardware, and the lack of customer service received.

This seems to much of a coincidence to be a bug, so are you now deliberately deleting posts behind our backs?

Regards,

Owen S.

brunningm

Re: Tiertime are you censoring our posts now?

Post by brunningm » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Hey OwenS,

I was thinking something sinister as well, but on checking my post, it still appears in edit mode.

I removed the URL code and I was able to make mine re-appear.

Forum bug likely.

Go to your post and edit it - remove the URL from the post and see if it re-appears.

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Guys,

Sorry for the confusion. We did move our server in the past week and might have caused some issues on the way of the migration. Our IT people are working on it and will get things fixed asap.

Thank you for your patient.

Also, we have set up a facebook group, and we see it as a better way of communication. So people can join the group, interact with each other much easier than here. However, I noticed some people here had issues with facebook due to the restriction at their work. At the same time, we see the forum here is not very user-friendly as other modern websites.

What do you guys suggest? How can we improve our community and technical support? Would like to hear your ideas!

Thanks

Joseph

pilo

Post by pilo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Joseph,
Facebook interactions are not good for tech support and exchanging user thoughts is some organized manner. They are really good for daily communications (like what I have eaten today or what a marvelous photo of the kitten my wife had shot - pardon for those trivial examples). I find it very usefull to be able to get back to some info from the past. This is possible in forums right now.
After a while with Facebook I have made a decision to give up with it. I will not have an account anymore.
If you think about your customers and want to create really stable knowledge base - rethink your FB approach once more please.

I think that mature company would need to have really strong website with frequently updated content. This is at FIRST PLACE.
Lack of it would force potential customer to ask about true condition (are they still alive?) of your business. Some live events, games for best design with prizes or even some 3d content base would really bring attention.

SECOND - user community in some form - without to use third party software (some of us could refuse to be under any form of pressure - FB account f.i.). I can imagine some sort of new approach here but the forums takes this role quite good today. The forums right now are not functioning properly. But it is doable - believe me.

THIRD - and here comes FB, Twitter and other services. They should be used widely but without enlightened thoughts that in a moment everybody will use them. Some will and some not.

The most important is not to force anybody to use third party software like FB! This would not bring you a glory.

This is my humble opinion.

Michal
Last edited by pilo on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pilo

Post by pilo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Sorry - double post

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:37 am

First, the Facebook group. I shouldn't have to rely on a third party social media platform in order to talk to someone from TierTime, especially one known to monitor and sell user data.

I don't have a Facebook account, and I have no intention of signing up. Are you saying that this is going to preclude me from dealing with someone when I have an issue? if that's the case, I will take my business elsewhere for future printing needs.

Customer service needs an overhaul. I have tickets in the system nearly 6 weeks old with no meaningful updates, just the initial 'Oh yes, we are aware and we will update you when we have progress'. This is even after I have requested an update twice, and changed the status to 'critical'.

Your actual business website, as Pilo mentioned, lacks any business updates. There was a whole year between the announcements on your website. November 8 2016 - November 13 2017. If I were looking at your website to see what sort of activity you had...I'd have assumed you were dead in the water.

Gcode Support - Wow was that ever a rocky relationship. First..you added it to the software with no explanation. Then when the explanation came out it took a few users to really get it going. Then, you updated the software and it stopped working properly, to which we've had no response too. I have a ticket 6 weeks old with absolutely no valuable update regarding it whatsoever. Does this not seem like a problem? If I could phone you I would.

In short, information is your issues, or lack thereof. People who purchase 3d printers are not your typical consumers. We tend to want more information, knowing the details of things. You have users who are prototyping on your devices, and you don't seem to respond when something goes wrong or more information is required.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:22 am

I agree with all of the above.

(1) Facebook is for 12 year olds to post oh so important selfies of today's cappuccino, not for technical support from a professional company.

Press releases perhaps, but not real day to day communication. Looking back it was JAN 2016 that your last product was announced, since then we've not had anything to require a press release.

(2) Whether you use your own website or not, actually answering / addressing / fixing the problems is the important bit. Talking about "new" ways to publish help is pretty irrelevant. Please concentrate on actually giving some help. So much effort from TT seems to be invested in going in the wrong direction.

I don't want a library of models to download.
I don't want different skins.
I don't want facebook user groups.
I don't want to have to log into my own software to use it.
I don't want options in the software that are not available to buy (small nozzles and glass beds)

I do want to upgrade my firmware.
I do want to use 3rd party slicers properly.
I do want support when I ask for it.
I do want my broken printers to be repaired under warranty and within a week.
I do want an UPBOX2.
I do want rafts to come off every time.
I do want a "filament moving" sensor.
I do want better bed leveling.

That shouldn't be too much to ask. You're a company that makes 3D printers, do that well, the rest is just fluff.

Regards,
Owen S.
Last edited by Owen Sparks aka Marksman on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Guys,

Thank you all for the useful comments, and please keep them coming.

We have been slow on updates in our site, and not anymore. We will do more on our internet presence, more on every way possible, which is why we created the facebook group to improve our communication. You will see us more on other social media as well.

We do understand the issues that come with the facebook group, and also, we do not have the intention to move away from this forum, which has been with us for a long time.

@Pilo, this forum will be here, and we need to make it better.

All we want to achieve is to serve our community well, and better than before. So, we need ideas. How to make this place, the forum, active again? How do we improve our technical support? for example, is live chat needed?

@brunningm, yes, we are working on realigning our technical support with our business expansion. Lots of work are needed there. Also, with gcode, I talked to our engineers, there is an update on the problem. Could you please try it?

@Owen, got your point!!!!!

Thank you and appreciate all the inputs

Joseph

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:20 pm

@Joseph

Thanks! It is much appreciated, I saw the booth at Formnext and the stand looked nice with professional prints etc. I think Facebook is good to have but a website and forum are priority - luckily these are already here. Busineses tend to look there more.

Maybe you can put a button in Up Studio that links to this forum and instruct people to look first in the forum, then to maybe ask for help if they need it to build back the community.

And I hope everything with gcode will be sorted, it is in my opinion great to be able to use it. I have seen Simplify3D is testing it with Tiertime printers and happy to help with developing it to work. But still I can't use it on an Up Box while it does work on the Box+, Tiertime engineers seem to not know this.

amd-tec

Post by amd-tec » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:32 pm

To all, please stop appealing

I want and need a beer.......

Thanks.
"3D design with intelligent printing"
http://www.amd-tec.com

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:01 pm

quote="Tiertime-Joseph"]Guys,

Thank you all for the useful comments, and please keep them coming...

...@Owen, got your point!!!!!

Thank you and appreciate all the inputs

Joseph[/quote

Hi Joseph, you have no idea how good it feels to have such feedback from you guys. A couple of sentences of information make all the difference going from frustrated angry customer, to all working together to improve things customer.

Good stuff.

Whilst you're here, please can we have a "Printer Manager" page that displays the status of all connected printers, including the time until any pause points set, not just the end of the print.

After all the head crashing I had with multiple printers on one PC it seems the old CPU's are to blame. Multiple "new" UPBOX+ units seem to play nicely together.

That would be super. :D

Thank you,

Owen S.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:02 pm

BTW hat to remove the quote code from the above else the forum rejects id due to "too few characters".

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:15 pm

@Jospeh

"There is an update on the problem"

Where exactly is the update? Downloads is still showing 2.1.1.1 which had the issue with the head not getting close enough to the board...and I've just checked my ticket and still no update there.

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:35 pm

@bruningm,

The latest release did solve the gcode issue. Could you please try it again?

Be sure to remove all the files in Tiertime folder then run the UP Studio again.
Here's the path to the folder: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Tiertime

I am checking with our technical support team with your ticket.

Sorry for the delay.

Joseph