Printing Error or something else?

Talk about anything.
picex4

Printing Error or something else?

Post by picex4 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:09 am

Well I was trying to print this model in blender and ended up with something quite unexpected instead. In blender I had built the model completely from scratch and had the units in metric measurements and my model size in blender was about what I needed. 10 cm side length. I exported to STL and loaded it up in the up3d program to print but it said is was too small. That was my first problem. I then scaled it up in the program and it was rendering fine looking like it should. I started to print and left it going and came back to be greeted by this mess which is still awesome by the way. Could anyone help me as to whether it is a problem with the model or something else? I was using Blender and had an Up Mini 2 3d Printer. Here are images. https://imgur.com/a/Lhw5j They contain the finished result and the model in blender in normal rendering and wireframe rendering. Also could someone help with why when I imported it, the model was very small and had to be automatically upscaled.

Thanks in advance.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: Printing Error or something else?

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:13 pm

Drop me a pm if you want with an email address and I'll try the stl an o machine here.

Owen S.

picex4

Post by picex4 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:06 pm

Can't Pm you just registered here.

picex4

Post by picex4 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:25 am

Don't worry I remade the file in Autocad 2018 and it turned out fine except for the printer collapsing one corner