Up and Up plus 2 interchangebale parts?

Talk about anything.
michaelnaughtin

Up and Up plus 2 interchangebale parts?

Post by michaelnaughtin » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:48 am

Hi there, first time poster here.

I recently came into the possession of two fairly beaten and falling apart UP printers. The person giving them away said to take both as there may be enough parts between them to get one of them working. Little did i realize they are not the same printer.
missing Inventory as of 13/10/2017

The up plus 2:
- no print platform, just the x axis slider
- platform heating element but no heat block for it go into.
- missing extension from the linear x bearing that has the leveling screws and attaches to the heating block which i do not have.
Where could i find these blocks and extension replacemnts? or is this going to be a DIY machine custom parts sort of build?

The Up printer (earlier version than the plus? i cant find any info on it):
- missing screws for the housing
- x limiter is broken.
- no extruder assembly, and im willing to try a cheaper mod before buying a replacement. would anyone know where i could get an extrusion assembly from another printer that would work and is cheap?
The right hand side z axis (on the right hand side of the platform that disapears into the housing) is free floating allowing easy movement taking it out of alignment. is there something that usually fills this void to keep it secure?

Any tips appreciated. would pics help this?

michaelnaughtin

Re: Up and Up plus 2 interchangebale parts?

Post by michaelnaughtin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 am

Update 10/17/2017.
I have almost all the parts for both printers now but am missing an entire extruder assembly and appropriate power supplied for both printers. I was thinking of buying a $30 MK8 extruder and trying that out after doing some re-wiring, or alternatively for $90AUD i can get an entire up extruder from amazon. Im thinking the latter may be more worth while as i wont need to do any rewiring and the size etc is correct for the model.

The current extruder on the up plus 2 is giving me issues. I believe the thermistor is broken as the temperature is often too hot or too cold and changes quickly aborting my prints. It is the V3 hotend, am i right in assuming that the heating element and thermistor cant be removed from the block? If it could it would be a much cheaper replacemnt than the entire block.

Also any cheap power sources around?