Persistent card read error (6)

Talk about anything.
Simon_V

Persistent card read error (6)

Post by Simon_V » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:08 am

Hi All,

Not sure where to put this as I don't see a trouble shooting section on here. I hope this is the right spot.

I have an UP Plus 2 at the school I work at and it has been working fine up to a about 2 weeks ago when it suddenly started giving me a card read error (literally between prints). I tried the suggested fixes for this like reseating the SD card to no avail. I tried a new SD card and got the same error. I have not tried reformatting the SD card yet as I don't yet have a micro-sd card adapter. After ringing support I was told the motherboard is probably cooked so I ordered a new motherboard ($500 later). The motherboard arrived the other day and I installed it and, using the same SD card, got the same error. The new motherboard arrives without a CPU so I have transferred the CPU from the previous motherboard to the current one. It was giving me another error, too, saying the printer was low on material. There was still 1/3 of a roll left of the 1kg spool. I have tried different cables in case there was something wrong with the printer cable. I got back on to support and am currently waiting for a call-back from someone who may know the problem as the person I was talking to could not help. Still waiting for the call-back. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Up Studio (for Windows 8.1) and tried installing it on a different laptop. Support were able to tell me that the low material notification can be due to someone changing the spool etc and not re-setting the material within Up Studio, however, I did a fresh install of Up Studio and entered the estimated material mass in the maintenance section to begin with. Each time I go back to it now the value resets to zero after each initialisation and I am assuming this kind of data is stored on the SD card and retrieved and updated from there after each print job. It is like the printer is unable to write to the card which is unusual since I have tried different cards and now have a new motherboard installed. Once I get the card read error the printer becomes unresponsive and needs to be turned off to reset it. From what I can tell the printer was purchased by the school in 2013 so it has been around a while, but, it was working fine and then just stopped with no warning. I was hoping someone here might have some advice on what to try next. I've included two screen shots to show the card read error and the resetting of the material mass.

Thanks in advance,

Simon
upstudio2.jpg
upstudio2.jpg (82.77 KiB) Viewed 3781 times
upstudio1.jpg
upstudio1.jpg (89.05 KiB) Viewed 3781 times

Simon_V

Re: Persistent card read error (6)

Post by Simon_V » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:29 am

Never mind... I have fixed it...

ricks01

Post by ricks01 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:09 am

Good to hear, what was the cause of the problem?

Robin

Post by Robin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:32 am

I would guess flux wash residue, trapped in the socket by capillary action, eventually dried out to a waxy crust.