ABS vs. ABSplus

Talk about anything.
uplus2user

ABS vs. ABSplus

Post by uplus2user » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:42 pm

At school, I used Stratasys uprint SE Plus. The printer uses ABSplus material. I found it strong enough for my purpose. Are prints made by printers like Up Box + and Ultimaker 2/3 as strong? I think these printer just use normal ABS material.

Robin

Re: ABS vs. ABSplus

Post by Robin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:46 pm

If you have all these machines at your school, perhaps that would be an excellent place to ask your question? :lol:

ifloyd

Post by ifloyd » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:20 pm

I have a Uprint SE Plus at work and the Upbox at home
And can say that the ABS prints I get off the Box are as good if not a little stronger and the ABS PLUS is shinier and harder but also more brittle but warps less on the box can't say it is stronger. But I can and do print with a lot of different materials that are a lot stronger than ABS or ABS plus on the Upbox like Carbon Fiber Nylon and Polycarbonate to name just a few and you can also print flexible rubber like materials as well so you have a hole world of options on the Upbox and can only use ABS plus on the Uprint.

zeeb84

Post by zeeb84 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:01 pm

ifloyd wrote:I have a Uprint SE Plus at work and the Upbox at home
And can say that the ABS prints I get off the Box are as good if not a little stronger and the ABS PLUS is shinier and harder but also more brittle but warps less on the box can't say it is stronger. But I can and do print with a lot of different materials that are a lot stronger than ABS or ABS plus on the Upbox like Carbon Fiber Nylon and Polycarbonate to name just a few and you can also print flexible rubber like materials as well so you have a hole world of options on the Upbox and can only use ABS plus on the Uprint.

whatis teh best temp for printing with abs plus? my raft is very hard to get undone

tel

Post by tel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:13 am

Have you ticked the easy peel option in the software? If so I would drop the temp in incraments of 5 degrees to see if removal of the raft becomes easier. ABS+ has always been a lot harder to remove, especially if printing at 0.15 layer height or below.