UP! Filament???

Talk about anything.
Robin

UP! Filament???

Post by Robin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:58 am

Where is all the yellow ABS UP! filament in the UK?

I only use yellow. I bought everything Maplin's had. I bought all the ABS Rapid Electronics had. Yesterday I bought all the ABS+ Rapid had before posting this, just in case you are having a problem :mrgreen:

Is there a worldwide shortage or just the UK? Maybe there a shop full somewhere I have not found?

ricks01

Re: UP! Filament???

Post by ricks01 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:45 pm

If you can find a supplier that sells Zortrax Z-Abs filament it is the same as the UP! filament, same high melting temperature and also has a matte finish.

https://www.igo3d.com/en/z-abs-filament ... -m200.html

Robin

Post by Robin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:23 pm

There was one 800gm reel of yellow Zortrax on Amazon so I bought it.

3kg of ABS+ arrived from Rapid so the shelf isn't looking so empty and I am de-stressed.

Panic will resume in April :mrgreen:

rryerson

Post by rryerson » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Why limit yourself?.... why don't you just use other 3d party filament? My Up mini, Up Plus 2 and UP Box print eSun ABS+ brilliantly and it's cheaper to boot... I have used FormFutura's EasyFil ABS too without issues...

ricks01

Post by ricks01 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:35 pm

rryerson wrote:Why limit yourself?.... why don't you just use other 3d party filament? My Up mini, Up Plus 2 and UP Box print eSun ABS+ brilliantly and it's cheaper to boot... I have used FormFutura's EasyFil ABS too without issues...
In my experience NO third party filament prints as nice as the original UP! (and Zortrax Z-abs) filament!

Robin

Post by Robin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:28 pm

The TierTime boxed filaments are consistent. The shade of yellow did vary a bit last year but it leaned towards marigold which I found desirable.

I have printed 37 kg of UP filament so far and I have another 5.5 kg on the shelf. It is checked for colour at goods inwards and I am fairly sure there will be no nasty surprises.

I will try Zortrax because Rick says it is the same stuff.

My worry is that TierTime are going to order more filament and there will be a colour change. That would be a real problem for me and that is why I just bought ABS Plus at £42/kg and I am on here looking for more :mrgreen: