Can I change the printer from Up Studio?

Talk about anything.
uplus2user

Can I change the printer from Up Studio?

Post by uplus2user » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Hello, I installed Up Studio 1.4.1 on my Mac. I do not have any printer with me yet but I want to get an idea on how long it would take and how much material will be used if I were to print my model using an Up Box Plus. I went to Setting-Printer but the software would not allow me to change the printer model as I don't have a real printer physically connected to my computer. Is there a way to do it? I think by default, the printer is Up Plus as my model is bigger than the virtual build volume.
Last edited by uplus2user on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiertime_Betty

Re: Can I change the printer from Up Studio?

Post by Tiertime_Betty » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:05 am

Hi, you can use the function "UP->Print->Preview" to evaluate how much time and how much material the print job will take. This is always the same on all of type of UP SERIAL printer,thanks ;)

uplus2user

Re: Can I change the printer from Up Studio?

Post by uplus2user » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:20 pm

I tried this method already. My model is larger than the default print volume. As a result, doing a Preview under Print led to an Error: Model out of Bound of Print Area. I guess the default print volume is for smaller printers. I need to change it to Up Box+ first in order for my model to be fitted in the larger print volumne.