Upbox + Feeding Filament

Talk about anything.
andyw

Upbox + Feeding Filament

Post by andyw » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:05 pm

After running a long build over the weekend I came in monday morning only to find it had run out of filament 1 hour before the end of the build.... annoying !

I have tried to feed a new reel of filament into the entrance of the black printed unit to the feeder tube but it feels like something it stopping the filament from entering the tube.

It will not let me feed the filament from the opposite end of the tube (nozzle end) but can feed a piece of fine welding wire.

It feels like there is some form of gate mechanism / microswitch preventing me from inserting the filament.

Any suggestions????

tel

Re: Upbox + Feeding Filament

Post by tel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:44 pm

There is a micro switch that detects if the filament has run out. I have found that sometimes the very end of the filament breaks off next to the microswitch stopping other filaments getting through. Usually if you try inserting filament from different angles into the opening it will clear. I have had to open the switch up one time as I wasnt able to free it. It sounds silly but try using a different filament also, no idea why but sometines I have one filament that wont go in, but the second filament will which then frees it for the first.

Hope this helps.