UPBOX + ?

Talk about anything.
Acris

UPBOX + ?

Post by Acris » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:47 pm

I have been reading through the forums and seen people refer to the UpBox+... What is this? I have not seen anything on this and I am curious :D .

Thanks

amd-tec

Re: UPBOX + ?

Post by amd-tec » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:25 pm

Where have you seen discussions about up box +?
"3D design with intelligent printing"
http://www.amd-tec.com

amd-tec

Post by amd-tec » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:40 pm

Acris wrote:I have been reading through the forums and seen people refer to the UpBox+... What is this? I have not seen anything on this and I am curious :D .

Thanks
Ok, I found the mention about up box+, thats interesting, not heard about that before.
Could someone from tiertime tell more about up box+?
"3D design with intelligent printing"
http://www.amd-tec.com

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:40 am

UP BOX+ is a upgraded version UP BOX.
The main difference is the Wi-Fi capability, Filament check, Blackout recovery, able to use 1 kg spool (will be releaed).
The print head is improved to provide more cooling to motor, therefore become more stable when printing in hot weather and more tolerlant to third party materials.
It does not support UP 2.18 anymore, So you are required to use UP Studio for printing.

The UP BOX could be upgraded to + version, with a CPU upgrade and minor change of hardware.

tel

Post by tel » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:50 am

Jason
You have previously mentioned that there will be a deal to be able to switch over the CPU in the UPBox to get the UPBox+ functionality. Do you have any details on when/if this is happening? Also what is the minor change of hardware you refer to.

Any idea on when we would be able to do the upgrade (reasonable price permitting)?

Acris

Post by Acris » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:31 am

Tiertime-Jason wrote:UP BOX+ is a upgraded version UP BOX.
The main difference is the Wi-Fi capability, Filament check, Blackout recovery, able to use 1 kg spool (will be releaed).
The print head is improved to provide more cooling to motor, therefore become more stable when printing in hot weather and more tolerlant to third party materials.
It does not support UP 2.18 anymore, So you are required to use UP Studio for printing.

The UP BOX could be upgraded to + version, with a CPU upgrade and minor change of hardware.
Wow! These are all great features that I would love to have on my UpBox. Please let us know more details as to when and how. Thanks!

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:12 am

That is very interesting.

Could we maybe get the files to print the print head adjustment if they are available? I'm interested to try to cool my Up Box print head more, it is very hot now here in the Netherlands and I did have some feed problems.

Liova

Post by Liova » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:07 am

Tiertime-Jason wrote:The UP BOX could be upgraded to + version, with a CPU upgrade and minor change of hardware.
Will dealers do that?

Acris

Post by Acris » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Tiertime-Jason wrote:UP BOX+ is a upgraded version UP BOX.

Awesome! The more features the better. Will the UpBox + sell as a new unit? If so, when approximately would this be debuting. I have a friend that is interested in an UpBox/H800 and this affects his decision.

Also, when will the upgrade-able entities be available to those who currently have the Upbox so it can be a + ?

Thanks!

Acris

Post by Acris » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:13 pm

BUMP-

Anything??

tel

Post by tel » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:51 am

Any update on this? Is it something that is still happening or has the upgrade path been abandoned.

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:39 am

Yes current UP BOX is upgradable.
The UP BOX+ will be released, but I dont know when. It's all set, as far as I know.

tel

Post by tel » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:07 am

Tiertime-Jason wrote:Yes current UP BOX is upgradable.
The UP BOX+ will be released, but I dont know when. It's all set, as far as I know.
So how do we go about upgrading? I havent seen any upgrade path outlined anywhere. Will there be some sort of CPU exchange involved?

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:25 am

The major upgrade is the CPU. Some optionals parts that could be added to the BOX may also inlcuded.

tel

Post by tel » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:30 pm

How do we go about upgrading? Is it a matter of having to buy a new CPU or will some exchange process with a smaller cost be offered?