Printing a cylinder - there are gap

Talk about anything.
Elenc

Re: Printing a cylinder - there are gap

Post by Elenc » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:47 pm

Hello Jason,

On the 28th you said that you had no problem printing my model. Can I ask what settings you used? I just tried again with the latest version of up studio and again if I use .1mm Z and either fine or normal print the printer stops extruding. If I print .15mm Z and normal speed it prints but I can't remove it from the raft. If I add more fan flow the print falls apart and still can't be removed from the raft.

If you printed it using default settting can you please try printing it again at 0.1mm Z dense infill and fine to see if it will print.

Regards,
Egon

iancurtis

Re: Printing a cylinder - there are gap

Post by iancurtis » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:50 pm

DaveARM wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:48 am
@ ARHI
I've always had a good level of success with the UP2, 99% of what I use it for is a prelude to injection moulded parts, suggesting to me that the 'design rules' for plastic injection seem to suit 3D printing. I just need to compensate for the fact the the 3D print cannot produce the same strength and intimate fine detail of injection moulding.
lol :) exactly the same what I was told by one UK moulder. I totally agree with both of you. Started working with Polymermedics few months ago, no 3d printing anymore.
https://polymermedics.com