Will you teach your kids 3D modeling/printing?

Talk about anything.
stella

Re: Will you teach your kids 3D modeling/printing?

Post by stella » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:11 am

I love the kidesign island workshop! and leave a message to them, looking forward for communciation.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:58 am

You can design kids and 3D print them, crikey the world moves on fast...

arhi

Post by arhi » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:58 pm

stellaxin wrote: why Dejan M gave up? what a pity! I'll read his website
dunno if he gave up or .. I see that that site from while back when we met (playkide) is not alive any more (domain is for sale) .. I introduced him to Ian and Iain from bitsfrombytes and they started some cooperation in UK with schools etc .. but I stepped out of the whole 3d printing world for few years as I had some personal stuff to deal with so I lost contact .. maybe kidesign, his current kid project, is what playkide grew in to .. can't say .. but ping him, talk with him, he's a great guy I'm sure you can find common language :D
stellaxin wrote: 3dvia aims to professional users for space design.
they had a huge project for youngsters .. not for 3yo but for teenagers .. dunno if that's alive today .. had some "common" name like "surface" or "shape" or something like that ..

anyhow, "kids + education + 3dprinting" it's Dave White and Dejan Mitrovic, Dave used to be a professor in UK, he wrote a whole bunch of documents that he shared on bfb wiki (gone afaik), directly contacting him would be useful, I'm sure he has bunch of education+3dprinting docs he'll share, Dejan is designer or architect something like that can't remember but was strongly focused on design for kids, design that teach and heap teaching.. another person worth pinging .. I met many ppl from the 3dprinting world in past 10 years but those 2 stand out when it comes to education and kids :)

ideas108

Post by ideas108 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:58 am

Thanks everyone for the suggestions it's greatly appreciated.

We will be focussing on family friendly teaching where mum and dad come and gain an appreciation of what 3D printing can do with their kids including taking a JPEG image printing it out and exploring what you can do with that pencil rubbings etc

Regards

John

stella

Post by stella » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:37 am

arhi wrote: anyhow, "kids + education + 3dprinting" it's Dave White and Dejan Mitrovic, Dave used to be a professor in UK, he wrote a whole bunch of documents that he shared on bfb wiki (gone afaik), directly contacting him would be useful, I'm sure he has bunch of education+3dprinting docs he'll share, Dejan is designer or architect something like that can't remember but was strongly focused on design for kids, design that teach and heap teaching.. another person worth pinging .. I met many ppl from the 3dprinting world in past 10 years but those 2 stand out when it comes to education and kids :)

He hasn't reply me yet. but hope there would be opportunity to communicate with him in the future.

stella

Post by stella » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:38 am

ideas108 wrote:Thanks everyone for the suggestions it's greatly appreciated.

We will be focussing on family friendly teaching where mum and dad come and gain an appreciation of what 3D printing can do with their kids including taking a JPEG image printing it out and exploring what you can do with that pencil rubbings etc

Regards

John
sounds like you are working on 3d printing + education topic? taking a picture and print it out - extruding the picture to 3D?

stella

Post by stella » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:39 am

OwenSparks wrote:You can design kids and 3D print them, crikey the world moves on fast...
designing kids is not easy, need surface modeling......

ideas108

Post by ideas108 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:43 am

The studio software has two options import a model or a jpeg. I have been expermenting and getting interesting results will try and post a photo tomorrow

arhi

Post by arhi » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Dejan started something super interesting on kickstarter, I think it might be interesting to anyone with kids and 3d printer :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ki ... -monsters/

Robin

Post by Robin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:26 pm

Sons have no interest in anything father does, my son even lost interest in blowing things up.

Daughters look promising until they get mobile phones and start texting.

Grand children are a lucky dip.

Good luck.

Trav

Post by Trav » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:25 pm

I cannot think of anything else that I’d rather do except design and 3D print. I have had my Up mini 2 a week now and today I just sold my first fidget spinner to a friend in school. OK, now I have more orders to fill. I’m only 13, and making money after 1 week. Soon I will be printing my own mini robots and installing Launch pad 430F MCU’s in them $$$. This is so cool. :D

Thank You UP 3D...