How fast can the UP Mini print in mm/s

Talk about anything.
Xonor13

How fast can the UP Mini print in mm/s

Post by Xonor13 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:30 pm

I can't find anywhere describing how fast the UP printers or UP Mini can move around and print in mm/s. I don't know what speed to print bronzefill with because it is recommended to print with a speed of 50mm/s and i have no idea which setting--fine, normal, or fast--to pick.

Tiertime-Jason

Re: How fast can the UP Mini print in mm/s

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:14 am

We cannot provide an official number because the print speed is actually depends on the complexity of model.
For the same print mode but different model the print speed could be varied.

ricks01

Post by ricks01 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:52 am

Xonor13 wrote:I can't find anywhere describing how fast the UP printers or UP Mini can move around and print in mm/s. I don't know what speed to print bronzefill with because it is recommended to print with a speed of 50mm/s and i have no idea which setting--fine, normal, or fast--to pick.

If I were you I would go with "normal" setting and see how it works for you. Just remember Bronzefill is PLA based so you will need to use the PLA setting in the UP! software...

mr_x

Post by mr_x » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:44 am

I converted the UP calculated machine code back to gcode and measured the speeds:

FINE mode is about 20/30/40 mm/sec (perimeters/infill/support)
NORMAL mode is about 40/50/60 mm/sec
FAST mode is about 50/60/60 mm/sec

I think the suggestion from the material manufacturer is not to print faster than 50mm/sec (since this might cause problems with extrusion of the bronze particles).

But like "ricks01" says, the UP is a bit different than normal reprap printers, so you just have to try what is working best for you.

Maik