Up Studio

Talk about anything.
tel

Re: Up Studio

Post by tel » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:43 pm

Great to hopefully get some input into where Studio goes from here. Ability to set own temperature a must for me. Would also be great to be able to use any slicer but thats probably a step too far at this stage.
Hopefully we see some additional functionality come out of this.

Diego.Giovany

Post by Diego.Giovany » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Drag 'n Drop STL files to interface is very important to ones who are running virtualized, cause we can select file on mac, and drag to the up software window.... It's not working on this version.

Darkiwins

Post by Darkiwins » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:18 am

Please make it Window Mode

its really bad on fullscreen :(

steelmans

Post by steelmans » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm already selling my UP Mini but if this software isn't sorted out very soon my UP BOX will be up for sale too.

Matchpoint

Post by Matchpoint » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:21 pm

Any update when new BETA might be released? I am eager to try it, and I am sure the new updates will really help out.

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:03 pm

A new version is coming soon (likely within March), but I am not sure about the details. Base on internal commnunications, I can tell that the software team is taking feedbacks seriously and is making alot of adjustments.

I also heard that there are hardware upgrade for the BOX, in the near futures, such as WIFI and some others.

Matchpoint

Post by Matchpoint » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:25 pm

Tiertime-Jason wrote:A new version is coming soon (likely within March), but I am not sure about the details. Base on internal commnunications, I can tell that the software team is taking feedbacks seriously and is making alot of adjustments.

I also heard that there are hardware upgrade for the BOX, in the near futures, such as WIFI and some others.
wifi for the box would be amazing. right now I am running a wifi router and code to get it to be wifi. omg this would be amazing!

Diego.Giovany

Post by Diego.Giovany » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:46 am

I forgot an important function, please make the amount of retraction material can be adjusted several of my prints were not sharp for failures related to retraction.

Another cool one is the honeycomb infil!

Diego.Giovany

Post by Diego.Giovany » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:43 pm

Dual Extruders, Please !!!!!!

Tiertime-Jason wrote:A new version is coming soon (likely within March), but I am not sure about the details. Base on internal commnunications, I can tell that the software team is taking feedbacks seriously and is making alot of adjustments.

printman

Post by printman » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:58 am

Can't seem to get it running on Windows 7 - is this only for Windows 10? will be disapointed if so...

downloaded from here ( https://www.up3d.com/?r=support/download ) mac installer not working for me either. anyone had luck?

Downloaded the x86 thinking it might have been for windows 7 x86... installed it but the start up folder is empty and no executible file for the software... any help? :shock:

steelmans

Post by steelmans » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Won't even install on the Mac version.

printman

Post by printman » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:02 am

Yep Mac not working either :roll:

Tiertime_Betty

Post by Tiertime_Betty » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:46 am

if you can't install up studio on mac,pls check:

1、the version of system is higher than 10.10.0
2. By default Apple has changed the security settings to only allow installation of apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers. so,please go to "System Preferences > Security & Privacy" --On the General Tab click the little lock in the lower left corner to unlock the general preference pane. Then select the Anywhere radio button.

mr_x

Post by mr_x » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Hi,

Just some comments to the 3 versions of UPStudio-BETA-0.0.0.10:

MAC:
The (damaged app / invalid signature) problem comes from the fact that UP Studio is writing a log file in it's own app directory which immediately will invalidate the developers signature of the program.
==> Never write or modify content inside of the ".app" folder of the application. Apple provides a good example how to write logs properly...

Windows x86:
The installer is just not writing Tiertime.exe / Slicer.dll / Printlink.dll / ... to the app directory
==> can not be used / tested

Windows x64:
Is working for me on Windows7-64 and Windows10-64. However when you close the program it will have a crash.

Maik

Tiertime_Betty

Post by Tiertime_Betty » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:29 am

printman wrote:Yep Mac not working either :roll:
System Preferences > Security & Privacy" --On the General Tab click the little lock in the lower left corner to unlock the general preference pane

stella

Post by stella » Tue May 03, 2016 7:44 am

pretty cool UI! and I love the model handling the most (move, scale and rotate directly on models).

the picture tranform to 3D is also very cool!

arhi

Post by arhi » Tue May 10, 2016 1:40 pm

0.0.0.10, UP2Plus!
- still no way to preheat the bed
- still no way to set the bed temp
- still no way to set the extrusion temp (even with original pp3dp filament sometimes it is required to print cooler due to part features, overhangs, bridges, small pieces etc.. I hacked the printer pushing a potentiometer between printer and the sensor in order to be able to drop temp by variable degree)

now, regarding the UI, if you really must do this metro crap full screen tile design add a minimize button as I don't plan to be staring at this screen for hours while printer is running.. then animate the minimized icon in the taskbar showing percentage finished for your running print.

then, would be cool to have more options to configure but even existing parameters you can't make a set of predefined configs, I want to make few named configs for e.g. "pro7extra" profile where I'll set layer height to 0.15mm, fine "speed", turn off raft, turn on "thin walls", turn off support, set surface to 6 layers... and I'll save "draft4dull" as 0.4mm layer, fast "speed", off on thin walls, on for support, surface to 1 layer etc etc ..

and finally, "preview" ?!?!? what does preview do? calculate the toolpats and then don't show them :( .. the really cool feature would be to show the generated g-code (or whatever you generate as toolpatsh) in the 3d manner so that we can preview what will happen, how the printer will go trough part (and then decide if that's what we want or maybe we decide to rotate/reposition part in order for slicer to slice it differently)

Thanks for involving us in the development :D

moreupper

Post by moreupper » Tue May 24, 2016 10:51 am

I don't understand why using time to made such a bad app? The existing Win version 2.18 was nice. It only missing some expert features to be perfect. Waste of time, and from my knowledge it wont be a state of the art software, it is pop crap software.

Sorry to say it.

Matchpoint

Post by Matchpoint » Wed May 25, 2016 1:40 pm

ya it went from bad to worse... the up box is a great printer, I would total buy a personal one if it was open sourced or at least had features that were nice to use on the software side of it.

this software is horrible....was thinking about an up mini2, but if this is whats its going too I am going a different direction.

moreupper

Post by moreupper » Sat May 28, 2016 6:32 am

Me too, the next one will be i printer there can handle open sourced control software. There are mod kit out there, do you know some there are working well