Unplugging vs turning off

Talk about anything.
Matchpoint

Unplugging vs turning off

Post by Matchpoint » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:43 pm

Is it ok to unplug the printer power supply from the wall over turning off the power switch? I would like to make my system completely wireless now that I can access my printer wireless, I would like to be able to remotely turn it on using a wireless outlet device as well. But I dont want to damage anything by doing so.

Thanks

Tiertime-Jason

Re: Unplugging vs turning off

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:26 am

The problem is when switch on, the printer still need to be initialized before printing.

Matchpoint

Post by Matchpoint » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:26 pm

I can initialize remotely. I would like to be able to physically run my printer from my office at home.

I have successfully made my printer wireless.
I have added a webcam to view the build platform.
Now I would like to add a wireless outlet, so I can power up/power down the printer remotely. I just dont want to strain the power supply by doing so. It would be the same effect of throwing a circuit breaker on my house to power up or down.

ricks01

Post by ricks01 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Matchpoint wrote:I can initialize remotely. I would like to be able to physically run my printer from my office at home.

Now I would like to add a wireless outlet, so I can power up/power down the printer remotely. I just dont want to strain the power supply by doing so. It would be the same effect of throwing a circuit breaker on my house to power up or down.
I think you should be fine, there are a few others that I know of on this forum who have been doing this and have not reported any issues...

Matchpoint

Post by Matchpoint » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Thank you! I will just hold you too it if something happens j/k :mrgreen:
ricks01 wrote:
Matchpoint wrote:I can initialize remotely. I would like to be able to physically run my printer from my office at home.

I think you should be fine, there are a few others that I know of on this forum who have been doing this and have not reported any issues...