ABS and ABS+

Talk about anything.
steelmans

ABS and ABS+

Post by steelmans » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi Guys,

I recently bought some 500g Up ABS from

Turns out that although it is in the same same packaging as ABS it is actually ABS+ which is shiny and not as good for raft and support removal. I had this confirmed from Up Support. Apparently the filament is identified by the code starting C-11 for ABS and C-13 for ABS+

Does anyone know a good supplier for the original ABS in the UK? Or even better another ABS that works well on the Up? (I have a temp mod) because lets face it Up stuff is very expensive.

Woodlake

Re: ABS and ABS+

Post by Woodlake » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:07 pm

Not sure about suppliers in the UK, but I've had great success using the Zortrax "Z Filament series" ABS (and at a reasonable price too).
Like the Up filaments it's designed to run at higher temps, so it can be used even without a temp mod.

steelmans

Re: ABS and ABS+

Post by steelmans » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:27 pm

Woodlake wrote:Not sure about suppliers in the UK, but I've had great success using the Zortrax "Z Filament series" ABS (and at a reasonable price too).
Like the Up filaments it's designed to run at higher temps, so it can be used even without a temp mod.
Does the Z Filament separate for the models easily like the original Up ABS used to?