It's worn out

Talk about anything.
Robin

It's worn out

Post by Robin » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:54 pm

The print quality has been going downhill for weeks, finally dropped below acceptable so I took it apart...

It is not that it is broken, the problem is the printed plastic teeth that should engage the teeth in the belt are quite worn away and it has considerable slop.

I have downloaded the Up Plus spare parts zip but I don't see this part, maybe it is different on the Afinia

The X axis teeth are not exactly solid as a rock. I think I should ask Afinia for the print files then patch the teeth with car body filler so I can make replacements.

Edit: Closer inspection, not worn out, bent. The teeth do not come down squarely on the belt. They are angled away from it.

mb20music

Re: It's worn out

Post by mb20music » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:22 pm

beltblock-X-V11 is the file you want, do you have access to another 3d printer? if not I can print one out for you and mail it to you.

Robin

Post by Robin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:47 pm

A very generous offer but I fudged it with some UV cure glue and printed the part .15 fine.

The UP part is different to the Afinia but a few wild swipes with the scalpel seemed to fix it. Printing a test piece now...

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:30 pm

You must have an older Afinia h479 printer, I now see your printer has the original design platform heater and cable, I didn't catch that at first. It is not that the parts are different between the UP! and the Afinia, it is because there have been a few revisions in the newer UP! Plus and Afinia's, currently they have a ribbon cable and a circuit board used in the table heater design.

Anyway, I am glad to see you got your printer going again!!

Robin

Post by Robin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:28 am

Those people at Afinia let me in to their parts list and I got the correct part fitted.
Possibly no better than what I had, but works for me :mrgreen: Nemo repente sapit