Error 006. Z positive limit error

Talk about anything.
HCL

Error 006. Z positive limit error

Post by HCL » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:07 am

Hi,
I am using a Up plus 1 and yesterday when sending a file to print the platform suddenly dropped.
I turned it off and restarted it but when i re sent the file it showed the error 006. Z positive limit error.
The platform wouldn't raise up when i tried to calibrate the platform.
It does lift up if i do it by hand and the belt seems to be ok.
I am very new to this so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

KCSteve

Re: Error 006. Z positive limit error

Post by KCSteve » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:50 am

I bumped the platform on my Mini changing out the perf board and later got that error.
I powered the machine down completely - using the hard power switch on the back. Powered back up and everything reset itself properly.

Hopefully this will work for you too.

Don't forget to recheck / reset your nozzle height.
Enjoy!

KCSteve :->

HCL

Post by HCL » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:35 am

Many thanks for this..
I have unplugged the machine from mains power and left the power switch on in case this is needed.
How long does it take to completely power down and is there anything else i need to do?
thanks again.

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:55 pm

You are still getting communication between the PC and the printer, correct? Are you able to "initialize" the printer?

KCSteve

Post by KCSteve » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:07 am

I just shut mine down - hit the front switch and let it go through its routine, then turned off the switch in the back. Gave it a couple of seconds and then powered back up.
Enjoy!

KCSteve :->

aciprisignoer

Post by aciprisignoer » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:49 pm

Hello my friend. we need you to do the following several tests, and then we will analyze the reasons for this failure:
1, in the case of start dragging off the power to move up and down the platform. look at the results if you can drag.
2, after the power is turned on to initialize the printer. look at the results whether there is a process that the platform moves up and down to find the limit.
3, after the initialization is complete platform to rise in the middle position. the hand gently drag the platform. detect it whether the platform can be locked in this highly.

HCL

Post by HCL » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi,
I am still not able to get it to work.
It feels like the stepper motor can't support the table.
Any thoughts?
many thanks!

Tiertime-xp

Post by Tiertime-xp » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:10 pm

The motor or the limit switch probably fails. Please lift up the platform and then initialize the printer, if the platform is able to move but doesn't stop when touching the limit switch, the limit switch fails. If the platform just falls down without any power, the motor fails.

UP3DPMP

Post by UP3DPMP » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:24 am

My UP plus passed both these tests, I can initialize, move up & down in maintenance program.

Initially, it had failed halfway thru a mission-crucial 5-hour print.

When starting a new print - as soon as send begins - the printer shuts down and the platform drops to bottom.

After turning off main power switch, then back on to reset - nothing happens,

So I unplug the power supply, re-plug & switch on (many times)

Then it plays a little tune & "cant load motion program" - then "err CODE: 006; Z positive limit error"

How about listing error code descriptions here, or in the manual.
...and maybe a solution or two, as I have seen few here.
Attachments
UP plus error 06.PNG
UP plus error 06.PNG (107.83 KiB) Viewed 9009 times

UP3DPMP

Post by UP3DPMP » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:47 pm

I found the problem to be a shorted filament heater cartridge.

I must've bumped the wires on the hot end, and one has worked loose - shorting out on the heat block. Fixed connector & re-insulated it.
Bringing metal extruders to desktop 3D printers!
Meet me at Maker Faire Milwaukee 2016 for the debut!

Jobe

Post by Jobe » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Thought I'd share as I also just resolved the exact same error (Error 006. Z positive limit error)

The hotplate seldom reached all the way to the top, with a few mm short every time and it varied. Then when I returned the plate to the bottom the Z error popped up.

Also, barely noticeable, but if I applied some minor pressure on my hotplate while it was raised the plate slowly gave way and slid down.

In my case I managed to trace it to the gear cog attached to the Z stepper. It had apparently started to have some slippage, but only at very high torque.

I simply dremeled a notch on the shaft and wedged a small piece of metal between the gear and shaft to stop any chance of slippage, although i would imagine a fresh bit of epoxy or other glue would be sufficient.

I am back up and printing after that.
Just posting it here for anyone else facing this problem in case its similar to my situation.

Cheers
-Ed